Snickers Salad is a sweet and tart dessert salad made vanilla pudding, Snickers candy bars, Granny Smith apples and cool whip or whipped cream. Top this simple Snicker Apple Salad with a drizzle of caramel sauce and you’ve got an easy dessert worthy of holidays, family get togethers and potlucks. Perfect for summer, fall and all year round!
I have always been a fan of dessert salads which is why I have so many of them on this site. There is just something so fun about calling dessert “salad” and I especially love how inherently simple they are to make.
This Snickers Salad is one such dessert salad and while it’s perfect all year round, I particularly love to serve it towards the end of summer as we’re heading into fall.
A Salad With Many Names
I grew up calling this Caramel Apple Salad but it turns out this salad has lots of different names. You may know it by Candy Salad, Snicker Apple Salad or just plain ole’ Snickers Salad.
No matter what you call it, there is absolutely no denying this combination of caramel, chocolate, vanilla and tart Granny Smith apples is a winner.
Snicker Salad Recipe Ingredients
This recipe is so incredibly easy to make and I know it’s going to become a staple in your home. A delicious addition to any menu!
Let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need here and, as always, you can find the full, printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- instant vanilla pudding mix – you can also use butterscotch pudding.
- whole milk – whole milk will give you the best results.
- Cool Whip or whipped cream – we make this salad both ways, use your preference.
- Granny Smith apples – the tartness is a great counter to the sweetness in the rest of the salad.
- Snickers bars – I use six full size bars. Five go into the salad and one to garnish it.
- caramel sauce (optional) – this is completely optional but I think it kind of “finishes” the salad off. Plus, it’s delicious!
How To Make Snickers Salad
This Snicker Apple Salad is as easy as it gets! It’s a matter of making up the pudding and chopping the apples and Snickers. Let’s take a quick look:
- Make pudding mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk and smooth and creamy. Fold in the whipped topping (Cool Whip) or whipped cream.
- Prep apples and Snickers. Core and chop all but one of the apples. Toss with lemon juice or 7-Up if making this salad in advance. Pat dry. Chop all but one Snickers into bite sized pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients. Fold in the chopped apples and Snickers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy! Top with remaining apple and Snickers and drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
Variations To Try
This easy dessert salad is amazing as written but feel free to explore some of these tasty variations to mix things up:
- try different flavored puddings – butterscotch, caramel, French vanilla, chocolate – all are delicious in this apple salad!
- try a different candy bar – Snickers are amazing but there are so many great options out there: Rolos, Twix, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers. This is a great salad to pull together with leftover Halloween candy!
- sauce flavor – switch out the caramel sauce with butterscotch or another sauce flavor.
- add more fruit – try grapes or strawberries or even bananas!
Snicker Apple Salad FAQs
Can this salad be made in advance? Yes you can but you will need to treat the apples so they don’t oxidize and brown. You can do this by tossing with fresh lemon juice before adding to the salad and then patting dry. Other options include soaking in ginger ale or 7up for several minutes and then patting dry. If the apples are treated, this salad will be good for a couple days in the fridge.
Can this recipe be doubled? Absolutely! If you’re making this candy salad for a large group, feel free to double triple, whatever you need.
What apples should I use? I use Granny Smith apples because I like the tartness but if you prefer sweeter apples, look for Galas, Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Pink Lady. There is no wrong apple to use in this recipe so feel free to use whatever variety you have on hand.
How To Make Snickers Salad
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipping cream, beat to stiff peaks
- 6 Granny Smith apples divided, reserve 1 for garnish
- 6 Snickers bars full size bars, divided, reserve 1 for garnish
- ¼ cup caramel sauce optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk and smooth and creamy. Fold in the whipped topping (Cool Whip) or whipped cream.3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix, ¾ cup whole milk
- Core and chop all but one of the apples. Toss with lemon juice or 7-Up if making this salad in advance. Pat dry.6 Granny Smith apples
- Chop all but one Snickers into bite sized pieces.6 Snickers bars
- Fold in the chopped apples and Snickers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with remaining apple and Snickers and drizzle with caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!¼ cup caramel sauce