This berry delicious mixed Berry Smoothie is quick and easy to make! Enjoy for breakfast or as a healthy afternoon snack! Loaded with antioxidants and sweet, smooth flavor! Add a scoop of protein powder for an added boost!
Love smoothies? Make sure to try my Strawberry Coconut Smoothie and Green Smoothie recipes!
We are big fans of smoothies and this easy Berry Smoothie is at the top of the list! We enjoy smoothies for breakfast, brunch and love them for a quick and easy afternoon snack.
Considering how easy they are to make and how incredibly delicious they are, it’s understandable why I’m obsessed with all things smoothie. Smoothies are simply loaded with so much good stuff like antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals!
This Mixed Berry Smoothie combines a delicious combination of berries for incredible flavor and because this smoothie uses frozen fruit (see notes below on using fresh fruit), you can enjoy this summery smoothie all year long.
More Berry Recipes
Love berries as much as we do? Try these berry delicious recipes:
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- Berry Salad
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Lemon Strawberry Trifle
- Strawberry Shortcake Roulade
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
Berry Smoothie Ingredients
Like most smoothies, this one is super simple to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. You can find the full, printable recipe below in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
- frozen berries – I like to use a mixture of frozen berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. You can often find bags of mixed berries in the frozen fruit section at your local grocery store and those are perfect for this berry smoothie recipe. See notes below on using fresh fruit.
- banana slices – the banana can either be fresh or frozen, whichever is most convenient. The banana adds creaminess to the smoothie.
- yogurt – Use any kind of yogurt you like. Flavored yogurts will have added sugar and will add to the overall sweetness of this smoothie. We usually use vanilla Greek yogurt.
- milk or juice – You can use whatever you on hand! Anything from almond milk to coconut water to orange juice – you decide!
- honey or agave – totally optional if you want a slightly sweeter smoothie.
Add one scoop of protein powder to this smoothie for a protein boost!
How to Make a Mixed Berry Smoothie
This berry smoothie recipe is easy to make – just like all smoothies are! My recommendations are to have a really nice, high powered blender (this is the blender I used). This will allow you to get the best consistency.
- Blend ingredients. Add all ingredients in the order listed to a high speed, high powered blender and blend on medium or medium high until smooth.
- Check consistency and sweetness. Add additional liquid if it’s too thick and add ice or more frozen fruit if it’s too thin. Add honey or agave if it’s not sweet enough.
- Serve. Pour into a glass. Garnish with fresh fruit or mint if desired and enjoy immediately.
Use leftovers to make berry popsicles!
SMOOTHIE BOWL INSTRUCTIONS: To make a Berry Smoothie Bowl, simple replace the milk with yogurt (plain, flavored, Greek, whatever you want). Make sure to scrape down the sides of the blender as necessary to ensure that all of the fruit gets blended in.
Berry Smoothie Recipe FAQs
Yes. If using fresh fruit, it’s best to flash freeze the fruit in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Just cut fruit into small pieces and place on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes before proceeding with recipe as written. If you don’t want to wait for the fruit to freeze, add one cup of crushed ice for a nice thick smoothie texture.
Definitely! We love using different kind of juices and milks in this recipe. Here are some of our favorites:
– apple juice
– coconut water
– orange juice
– coconut milk
– oat milk
– almond milk
More Smoothie Favorites
We love smoothies so much and there are so many flavors combinations to try! Here are a few of our go-to smoothies. I hope you take a look and find a few more smoothie recipes to try along with this berry smoothie recipe:
- Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Pear Ginger Cinnamon Oat Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- Mocha Breakfast Shake
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
How To Make A Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup milk or juice milk: coconut, almond, oat, soy; juice: apple juice, cranberry juice, or even orange juice
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup yogurt we use plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave or maple syrup (optional)
- You need a high quality blender (such as a Vitamix or Ninja). Place all of the ingredients in the blender, starting with the liquid, followed by the frozen fruit, banana and yogurt. Put the lid on and blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.1 cup milk or juice, 1 banana
- Check the consistency and sweetness of the smoothie. Add additional liquid if it’s too thick and add ice or more frozen fruit if it’s too thin. Add honey or agave if it's not sweet enough.½ cup yogurt
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! Top with fresh berries and mint if desired.
Adding even 1 banana doesn’t make it just a berry smoothie. That turns into a berry banana smoothie.
Trish - Mom On Timeout says