This Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is sure to wow friends and family! Featuring a variety of tropical fruit tossed with a honey lime dressing, there’s a bright burst of flavor in every bite! This easy salad recipe is bound to become a family favorite!
Tropical Fruit salad
We are obsessed with fruit salads – especially during the hot summer months. I mean, really, you’ve got love a recipe that does triple duty as side dish, salad, and dessert.
This Tropical Fruit Salad is seriously impressive and features a variety of stunning tropical fruit that will have friends and family oohing and aahing over this easy to make dish.
A special treat for sure and one that we will be enjoying many more times this summer. I sure hope you give it a try!
Watching the movie and listening to the book got me all inspired in the kitchen, hence this jungle-themed Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing that I’m sharing with you today. I had to get the honey in there because of Baloo.
More Summer Salads
Obsessed with fresh summer salads? Check out these for your next pool day!
- Mojito Fruit Salad
- Balsamic Watermelon Salad
- The BEST Ambrosia Salad
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- Easy Grape Salad
Tropical Fruit Salad Ingredients
This salad is a showstopper. Papayas, mangoes, kiwis, pineapple, strawberries, and star fruit make this summer fruit salad impossible to resist. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
For the fruit:
- papaya – you want ripe but firm papayas so they don’t disintegrate in the salad.
- mango – look for ripe but firm mangoes.
- kiwis – love that beautiful pop of green in this salad.
- strawberries – for sweetness and color.
- pineapple – fresh is best but you can use canned if you need to.
- shredded coconut – rounds out the tropical flavors and gives one more texture to enhance the flavor and taste of this salad.
- star fruit – sliced so each piece is a star shape
For the fruit salad dressing:
Just 3 ingredients in this simple dressing!
- honey – agave nectar can be substituted if desired.
- fresh lime juice – nothing beats fresh but bottled will work in a pinch.
- fresh lime zest – really brightens up the dressing and fruit salad.
How To Make Tropical Fruit Salad
This easy fruit salad recipe is so quick to make! Let’s take a look at how to make it:
- Prep the fruit. Rinse, chop, peel, whatever is needed.
- Add fruit to a large serving bowl. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the prepped fruit and then set to the side.
- Prepare dressing. In a second smaller mixing bowl, whisk the honey, lime juice and zest together.
- Combine. Pour dressing over the fruit and toss to incorporate.
- Chill. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Variations To Try
While I opted for primarily tropical fruits for this homemade fruit salad, there are so many delicoius options out there. Here are some more fruits to consider:
- red or green grapes
- mandarin oranges
More Fruit Salad Recipes
How To Make Tropical Fruit Salad
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 1 papaya peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 mango peeled, diced
- 4 kiwis peeled, diced
- 1 pint strawberries hulled, sliced
- 1 small pineapple diced
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 1 star fruit sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Combine fruit in a large bowl.
- Stir honey, lime juice and zest together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the top of the fresh fruit.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Originally published May 2, 2016.