This Berry Salad is the ultimate summer side dish! Loads of flavor, texture, and freshness abound in this easy to make salad. Made with fresh berries, spinach, goat cheese and sunflower seeds! Perfect for spring and summer! Top with this amazing Raspberry Vinaigrette for salad perfection!
Love salad? Make sure to try my Grape Salad and Broccoli Salad!
Looking for the perfect side dish? This easy Berry Spinach Salad is IT! A delicious, gorgeous addition to your summer menu!
It is so easy to make, but a sophisticated addition to any special event. Add protein like chicken or shrimp to make this a delicious meal full of antioxidants. It’s almost too pretty to eat!
Summer Salad Recipes
I’m a sucker for a tasty salad and there is nothing better than this Berry Spinach Salad for spring and summer. Loads of flavor, texture, and freshness abound in this easy to make salad.
There is nothing better than fresh flavors and ingredients that play well together and this salad is exactly that.
Drizzle your favorite salad dressing over crisp greens tossed with berries and creamy goat cheese! Whether it’s for lunch, dinner, or any event where you want to impress, this simple salad will surely be a hit!
Looking for more summer salad recipes? Here are some of our favorites:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- The BEST Pea Salad
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad
What To Serve With This Salad
This salad is delicious on it’s own and can easily be turned into a main dish with the addition of some grilled chicken or other protein. If serving as a side dish, here are some great recipes to make with it:
- Spinach Quiche
- Chicken Piccata
- Baked Salmon with Honey Dijon Glaze
- The BEST Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken with our favorite Chicken Marinade
- Mac and Cheese
Ingredients for Berry Salad
This salad is so quick to pull together with a fresh and fruity list of ingredients. You can find the full printable recipe card at the end of this post but let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need:
- organic baby spinach – Look for the brightest greens for the freshest flavor.
- organic mixed greens – I like a nice variety to the base of my salad.
- fresh blueberries – Delicious and oh so good for you. I love a blend of sweet and tart berries for this kind of salad.
- fresh raspberries – A delicious addition to this berry salad recipe. Leave whole for the salad.
- fresh strawberries – Quarter your strawberries for the perfect bite sized pieces!
- goat cheese – Parmesan shards and crumbled feta are great options if goat cheese isn’t your favorite. I am also partial to blue cheese.
- sunflower seeds – You can substitute sunflower seeds for any nuts that you like, pecans and walnuts are both delicious in this salad.
My Candied Pecans are a delicious addition to this summer berry salad!
How To Assemble The Berry Salad:
- Wash and dry your salad greens thoroughly. I recommend a salad spinner to get your greens really dry. ,
- If serving as a main salad, add the salad greens to a large bowl. If using side plates to serve the salad, equally divide your salad greens between four serving dishes.
- Top the greens with the rinsed berries, then the goat cheese, then sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing and serve or serve with the dressing on the side. I recommend this raspberry vinaigrette for this berry salad. It’s a delicious finish to the salad.
Tips For The Best Berry Salad
Here are some of my best tips for the best berry salad recipe ever!
- Use a salad spinner for nice, dry greens for the salad. This keeps the salad from being soggy.
- Drizzle the salad dressing with a spoon in a diagonal direction over the salad for a beautiful finish. This raspberry vinaigrette is delicious or a balsamic vinaigrette would be amazing too.
- Assemble just before serving for best results.
- Remember, your salad is only as good as the ingredients you use to make it. Opt for the freshest fruits and greens!
Variations To Try
This salad is perfection as is but I love to vary this recipe from time to time with these simple changes:
- Try different greens like arugula, butterhead and romaine.
- You can substitute sunflower seeds for any nuts that you like, pecans and walnuts are both delicious in this salad – especially my candied pecans!
- Instead of goat cheese, try Parmesan shards, crumbled Feta or blue cheese.
Serve with my Raspberry Vinaigrette for best flavor!
More Salad Recipes To Try
Nothing better than a fresh, easy salad to complete a meal or bring to a party. Here are some of our favorites:
How To Make Berry Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ¾ cups blueberries
- ¾ cups raspberries
- ¾ cups strawberries quartered
- ¼ cup goat cheese optional
- ¼ sunflower seeds
- Wash and dry salad greens and add them in a large bowl. (If using side plates equally divide ingredients between 4 serving dishes.)
- Add rinsed and dried berries then goat cheese and finally the sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing with a spoon at a diagonal for a pretty presentation. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply