This easy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter will rock your world! Buttery, sweet and totally decadent, this pumpkin butter is perfect on biscuits, scones or licked off of a spoon! Love pumpkin? Make sure to try my Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle and these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins!
I am absolutely obsessed with pumpkin recipes. I start making them in early August and finally stop sometime in early spring. And even then, its begrudgingly. I have shared so many of my favorite pumpkin recipes with you and today I’ve got one more…
Have you been laying awake at night wondering what I was going to do with that slow cooker pumpkin puree I made last week? My bad. We made pumpkin shakes and smoothies with some of it and I used about half of it to make this pumpkin butter…best eaten with a spoon. I kid you not. It’s ridiculously good.
Why the slow cooker you ask? It’s easier to regulate and scorching is easily avoided. It’s also much easier to get your pumpkin butter to your desired consistency because the process is slower. Plus, it’s super easy and makes the house smell divine.
What Can I Make With Pumpkin Butter
My boys are now asking me to make cinnamon rolls with pumpkin butter filling and I’m feeling like that may be the way to go for at least one of these half pints. So, essentially the options are endless when it comes to this pumpkin butter recipe. Just use your imagination! I’ll be serving it alongside some of my famous dinner rolls this Thanksgiving!
What You Need to Make Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Puree. This is not pumpkin pie filling you guys! Just pure pumpkin. You can make your own or buy it – whichever you prefer.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. I make my own (it’s super easy) but you can also use store bought.
- A small slow cooker, 2 or 3 quarts. You can double this recipe if you like, just use a larger slow cooker.
Put Pumpkin Butter on Your Fall Bucket List. Now.
When I asked my husband if he wanted a taste he begrudgingly answered in the affirmative. After taking the smallest nibble imaginable off of the tip of the spoon, he went right back in and polished off the entire spoonful.
It’s good people, very good. If you’ve never had pumpkin butter before this is an easy recipe to start with. Try making your own pumpkin puree too – it’s fabulous and easier than you think!
Must-Make Pumpkin Recipes
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- The BEST Pumpkin Bars with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels
How To Make Pumpkin Butter
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- 4 cups of pumpkin puree make your own!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring once or twice after the first hour to prevent scorching.
- Remove lid and continue to cook on high for another 2-3 hours or until pumpkin butter has reached desired consistency.
- Stir frequently to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer to jars and let cool before refrigerating.
Pumpkin recipes galore!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.