The BEST recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice that you’ll be using all season long! A perfect blend of spices that adds delicious flavor to pies, cakes, cookies, breads, muffins and so much more! Ready to go in just minutes! Try this easy pumpkin pie spice recipe in my Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle and Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins – delish!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
As fall baking season approaches, I’ve been busy in my kitchen working on a plethora of apple and pumpkin recipes for the upcoming baking season, and, if I’m being perfectly honest, enjoying every little bit of the fruits of my labor 🙂
It occurred to me a few weeks back that although I’ve provided you with my homemade apple pie spice recipe, I had yet to give you my super easy pumpkin pie spice recipe. It’s been a lifesaver for me over the years and is just the easiest thing imaginable.
Over the course of the fall baking season, I’ll usually make up 3 or more batches of this pumpkin pie spice recipe. It’s not just for pies people! I use it almost every pumpkin recipe because it adds so much flavor and warmth to the dishes. It’s the perfect substitute for pumpkin pie spice that you buy at the store – but better 😉
What Is In Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of 5 spices:
Why Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
- Because you want to save money! Those little tiny bottles of pumpkin pie spice are NOT cheap. You can make your own for a fraction of the cost and it couldn’t be easier.
- Adjusting the flavor is simple. If you’re not a fan of allspice or cloves, you can reduce or eliminate.
- Whenever you run out, you don’t have to make a trip to the store. Just make another batch!
- It’s a great way to use up those big bottles of spices in your pantry. While I may not use every one of these ingredients a lot, they are exceptional in a spice blend like this one. It’s the perfect use for spices you don’t find yourself using on their own that often.
- I love including a bottle with some homemade pumpkin treats for friends and neighbors. It’s always appreciated and I know they’ll use it.
What Can I Make with Pumpkin Pie Spice
This tasty spice blend is delicious in all sorts of baked goods such as breads, cakes, pies, muffins, cookies – you get the idea! I have about a million recipes that use pumpkin pie spice on my site but let me just share a few of my favorite recipe here:
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter – this easy pumpkin butter is perfect on biscuits, scones or licked off of a spoon!
- Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip – I love this recipe for fall entertaining. A plate full of apples or other fruit, graham crackers and Nilla wafers make the perfect dippers!
- Pumpkin Empanadas – these are basically mini pumpkin pies and they are just as easy as they are tasty!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread – who knew that pumpkin belonged in banana bread?? This recipe is perfect for dessert but also doubles as an amazing breakfast…or snack…or lunch.
- Pumpkin Spice Maple Bacon Waffles – basically, the BEST fall breakfast you can imagine.
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins – one of my most popular fall recipes, these muffins are entirely irresistible and super easy to make!
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Apple Dip – another dip that you HAVE to make before fall ends!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle – a dreamy fall dessert that will have you mesmerized with it’s gorgeous layers.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp allspice
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Store for up to 6 months
More delicious pumpkin recipes you’ll love!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.