Say hello to fall with these delicious Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins! Exceptionally moist, surprisingly light, and entirely irresistible!
This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
I honestly couldn’t be more excited to bring you my first pumpkin recipe of the season – yay!!! I know it’s still only August and I hear ya, it isn’t fall yet… buuuut, when the pumpkin craving hits – it hits hard.
These Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect way to ease into fall baking this year. Soft, light, moist and very, very pumkin-y. These muffins are topped with a cinnamon-sugar-pecan mixture that takes them over the top. As the muffins rise during baking, it creates this crackle effect, much like you get on these Lemon Whippersnaps.
You can absolutely leave it off if you want, or cut out the nuts if you like. No biggie. The real treat is the muffin itself.
I’m a sucker for muffins. I don’t get to eat them nearly as often as I like but when I do, I have to practice some restraint. This particular muffin could do double duty as snack or even dessert should you desire. But with a cup of hot coffee, it’s a pretty darn spectacular as breakfast.
The muffin is moist, which is what you would expect with an entire can of pumpkin in this recipe. But it’s also surprisingly light with a melt-in-your-mouth texture that’s going to keep you coming back for just one more bite.
I used coconut oil but you could use vegetable oil in it’s place if that’s not something you keep in your pantry. I’m really starting to like coconut oil, particularly for baking and it did an amazing job in these muffins.
I used Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk keeping this recipe dairy-free and delicious! The vanilla flavor would also go great in these muffins but I keep the original on hand at all times for smoothies and such.
As you know, I am an ambassador for Almond Breeze and they’re doing a survey and need your input! You can take the survey here and then just leave a comment after taking the survey telling me you’ve done so for a chance to win one (1) $100 VISA Gift Card. (Open to U.S. residents only through Monday August 31, 2017.) It should take less than 2 minutes to complete the survey – super quick! Thank you and good luck!
This recipe yields 24 glorious muffins which is awesome because you’re going to want to share with friends and family. And honestly, what a great start to any holiday or the perfect addition to a holiday brunch. Yum!
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk (original)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon OR pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two muffin pans with muffin liners (24 total) and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and baking soda in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, coconut oil, almondmilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly fold dry mixture into wet mixture just until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin liners about three-quarters full.
- Combine sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in small bowl. Stir.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon or more of the topping on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in muffin pan before removing to a cooling rack.
More delicious pumpkin recipes you’ll love!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!