This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle is sure to impress all holiday season long! Layers of pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream and angel food cake combine for a fall treat that’s impossible to resist! Gorgeous, simple, and totally delicious!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
I couldn’t be more excited to share this delicious trifle recipe with you today. I am a HUGE fan of trifles. Simple, elegant, and always delicious, they’re a terrific addition to any dessert table and are always a favorite at potlucks and parties.
Since National Angel Food Cake Day falls in October I wanted to do something fall-ish to celebrate. And what screams fall more than pumpkin? I am a huge lover of pumpkin recipes and when the fall season rolls around, it’s basically all I can think about. I rely on my trusted pumpkin pie spice recipe and off I go!
I have so many favorite pumpkin recipes including this pumpkin pie milkshake and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Basically, when that canned pumpkin goes on sell, I stock UP. Here are even more amazing pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Scones with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Easy No Bake Pumpkin Dessert
What You’ll Need
This trifle took more than one try but you are going to be glad I took the time to perfect this recipe. The creamy pumpkin cheesecake layer is absolutely sinful and is perfectly complemented by the whipped cream and angel food cake. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
This is a combination of heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. You can find more information about my homemade whipped cream recipe here.
This no bake cheesecake layer consists of cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. I fold in a little of the whipped cream above to lighten the texture.
I chose angel food for the third layer but you could use so many different things: pound cake, gingersnap cookies, vanilla cake – you get the idea. Be creative!
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
You’re going to LOVE this dessert! This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle is so easy to make and best part? It takes less than 20 minutes to pull together and it looks so pretty in this trifle bowl!
- First, make the whipped cream.
- Then, make the no bake pumpkin cheesecake.
- Next, cut up the angel food cake.
- Finally, assemble!
This trifle can be made up to 1 day in advance. If you want to make it even further in advance, just make up the components of the trifle and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Whipped cream is best made the day or day before serving.
- A trifle bowl – or any clear, glass bowl. The layers don’t have to show through, but seriously, it’s so gorgeous to look at!
- A hand mixer or stand mixer for the cheesecake layer. You want to really mix it good to remove any lumps.
- I sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over the top of the trifle to finish it off. To get the perfect dusting of pumpkin pie spice, use the OXO dusting wand – it’s amazing and one of my favorite tools. I use it all the time with powdered sugar.
I just love how simple yet impressive this trifle is. It’s the perfect go-to dessert all season long!
Watch How To Make This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
More Delicious Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Chips
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bars with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
How To Make this EASY Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
- 22 ounces Angel Food Cake
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.1 pint heavy whipping cream, ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.16 ounces cream cheese
- Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and continue beating until thoroughly combined. Fold in one third of the whipped cream.15 ounces pure pumpkin, ¾ cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cut Angel Food Cake into small pieces and line the bottom of your trifle dish with one third of the cake.22 ounces Angel Food Cake
- Layer with one third of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture followed by one third of the remaining whipped cream.
- Repeat layers twice, finishing with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best after 2 hours of chilling.
Originally published October 10, 2013.