Valentine’s Day Coconut Macaroons for the coconut lovers in your life! Incredibly easy to make with endless options for decorating, these coconut macaroons are the perfect sweet treat for your special someone! Love coconut? Make sure to try my classic Coconut Macaroons and the BEST Coconut Cream Pie!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I look forward to this holiday each year because I adore letting those close to me know how much they mean to me…usually in the form of sweets!
Valentine’s Day Treats
I have so much fun making heart-shaped treats, red and pink candies, and just generally spreading the love and joy during this time of year. Here are some of our favorite Valentine’s treats:
- Conversation Heart Sugar Cookie Bark
- 5 Minute Fantasy Bars – Just 4 Ingredients!
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Strawberry Daiquiri Fudge
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Today I’m sharing my favorite coconut macaroon recipe all dressed up for Valentine’s Day and they are just too cute for words!
Easy Coconut Macaroons for Valentines’ Day
I love all the treats that abound during the holiday season and these coconut macaroons are especially perfect for Valentine’s Day. I’m using my tried and true coconut macaroons recipe for the base and dressed them up a little for Valentine’s Day.
You can shape them into mounds OR hearts and topped with white chocolate and pink sugar pearls, they’re just beautiful either way!
Tips for the Best Coconut Macaroons
- Use a large cookie scoop to get the perfect size macaroons. You want them to be about the size of a golf ball. Make sure to really pack that coconut in there!
- Coconut macaroons do not spread when baking. The shape and size they are when they go into the oven is the same as when they come out.
- Don’t be afraid of the golden brown color on the bottom or tips of the macaroons! That toasted coconut flavor is amazing!
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy macaroon removal.
What You’ll Need
This recipe doesn’t call for any crazy ingredients and you probably have most of them in your pantry already. Here’s what you’ll need:
- granulated sugar
- light corn syrup
- sweetened shredded coconut
- egg whites (use the yolks and make lemon curd!)
- vanilla extract
- vanilla candy coating, candy melts, melting wafers or white chocolate – optional
- colored sprinkles, pearls, or jimmies – optional
To create traditional macaroons: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture. Make sure to really pack the coconut in tightly. You want golf-ball sized mounds. Space the macaroons 2 inches apart.
For heart-shaped macaroons: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Dampen your hands with water and shape into a heart. You can also you a heart shaped cookie cutter to help form the macaroons.
More Delicious Coconut Recipes
- Coconut Macaroon Blossoms
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Cherry Coconut Magic Bars
- Coconut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
How To Make Valentine’s Day Coconut Macaroons
Valentine's Day Coconut Macaroons
- 3 tbsp water
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz vanilla candy coating or white chocolate optional
- 1/4 cup colored sprinkles pearls, or jimmies, optional
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl, combine shredded coconut and hot syrup, stirring until evenly distributed. Let mixture cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and vanilla extract together until foamy and thick. Gently fold in the coconut mixture.
- To create traditional macaroons: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture. Make sure to really pack the coconut in tightly. You want golf-ball sized mounds. Space the macaroons 2 inches apart.
- For heart-shaped macaroons: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out mounds of the coconut mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Dampen your hands with water and shape into a heart. You can also you a heart shaped cookie cutter to help form the macaroons.
- Bake until golden brown, 14 to 18 minutes, rotating the baking sheet if necessary. Place baking sheets on racks and let cool completely.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions and drizzle on top of the cooled macaroons. Sprinkle with pink sugar pearls or jimmies. Let set up before storing in an airtight container.
Tools NeededMixing Bowls | Baking Sheet | Cookie Scoop | Silicone Baking Mat Parchment Paper | Heart Cookie Cutter
Yummy dessert recipes!
Tasty dinner recipes!
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Olivia Wilson says
Wow..This looks an amazing and perfect for a beautiful and romantic valentine night dessert…i will definitely make if for my love…Thanks for sharing….!