Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups are the perfect dessert for my lemon lovers out there!
Sugar cookie cups pair perfectly with the refreshingly tart lemon curd filling in these sweet little Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups! I use a store bought sugar cookie dough for convenience but homemade sugar cookie dough will also work. The lemon curd filling is made in the microwave and is going to be your new favorite thing – promise. As one reviewer said, “It would make an old shoe taste good!” I love these delightful little cups for parties and entertaining. They are so pretty and an absolute crowd pleaser.
Today we are celebrating! Celebrating a baby and honestly, there’s nothing I love to celebrate more than that 🙂 My dear friend Stephanie gave birth to the MOST gorgeous baby boy just two weeks ago and it’s time we had a baby shower – don’t ya think? A few of us (and by few, I mean FOURTEEN) got together to throw Stephanie the world’s greatest virtual baby shower and guess what I’m bringing???
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups! Now you guys didn’t think I just made up that microwave lemon curd the other day just so I could sit there and lick the spoon did ya? (I only did that a few times…) No! I made up these pretty little cookie cups aaand then licked my fingers to make sure I got all that amazing lemon curd off of them! (I happen to be a HUGE LOVER of all things lemon – I hope you are too!)
These babies are the best thing I’ve made this year. Hands down. And that’s not the citrus binger talking either.
To make these sweet treats, you’re going to need a mini muffin pan – don’t worry, you’ll find yourself using it again and again for all sorts of fun goodies!
I’m not the only one celebrating Stephanie’s sweet little baby today! Make sure to go check out all the other baby shower treats!
Pimiento Cheese Spread by Laura’s Baking Talent
Sweet and Sour Pulled Chicken by Kathy’s Kitchen Table
Skinny Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip by Frugal Foodie Mama
Funfetti Pudding Cookies by Crazy for Crust
Blueberry Boy Bait by Pint Sized Baker
Strawberry Butter Streusel Muffins by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
White Chocolate Reese’s Brownies by Inside BruCrew Life
Blueberry Coffee Cake by Heather’s French Press
Skinny Banana Nutella Dip with Star Pie Crust Dippers by Wine & Glue
Celebrating with Star Cookies by Created by Diane
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups by Mom on Timeout
Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Bites by Yummy Healthy Easy
Skinny Chocolate Muffins by Kitchen Meets Girl
Flourless Chocolate Cake by Plaid and Paisley Kitchen
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and all purpose flour. Knead together until well blended.
- Shape dough into one inch balls. Press cookie dough in bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup, forming cup shape.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before gently twisting to remove from pan. Place on rack and let cool completely.
- Whip egg whites in a mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar one tablespoon at a time, continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Spoon lemon curd into cups. (If necessary, press the center of the cups down with your thumb before spooning in curd to create more space.)
- Drop one tablespoon of meringue on top of the curd in each cup.
- Place cups on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place under the broiler just until tips of meringue start to show color. Remove immediately. (Watch these constantly. My broiler took 15 seconds to brown the meringue.)
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving or store in refrigerator until ready.
More fun recipes that would be perfect for a baby shower:
For all Easter ideas, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.