Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups are the perfect dessert for my lemon lovers out there!
Sugar cookie cups pair perfectly with the refreshingly tart lemon curd filling in these sweet little Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups! I use a store bought sugar cookie dough for convenience but homemade sugar cookie dough will also work. The lemon curd filling is made in the microwave and is going to be your new favorite thing – promise. As one reviewer said, “It would make an old shoe taste good!” I love these delightful little cups for parties and entertaining. They are so pretty and an absolute crowd pleaser.
There is nothing I love more than a lemon dessert. There is something absolutely magical about the combination of sweet and tart that makes lemon desserts extra special. These cookie cups are made with just 5 ingredients including sugar cookie dough. I made my own homemade lemon curd but store bought lemon curd will work just as well.
I made a simple meringue topping that really sells the lemon meringue pie aspect of these cookie cups. By the way, if you love lemon meringue pie, you’re going to go crazy for these cookies. There is not pie crust on earth that beats this sugar cookie crust!
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups! Now you guys didn’t think I just made up that microwave lemon curd the other day just so I could sit there and lick the spoon did ya? (I only did that a few times…) No! I made up these pretty little cookie cups aaand then licked my fingers to make sure I got all that amazing lemon curd off of them! (I happen to be a HUGE LOVER of all things lemon – I hope you are too!)
These babies are the best thing I’ve made this year. Hands down. And that’s not the citrus binger talking either.
To make these sweet treats, you’re going to need a mini muffin pan – don’t worry, you’ll find yourself using it again and again for all sorts of fun goodies!
More Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Lemon Curd
- Lemon Cookies (also known as Lemon Whippersnaps)
How To Make Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Liberally coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and all purpose flour. Knead together until well blended.
- Shape dough into one inch balls. Press cookie dough in bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup, forming cup shape.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before gently twisting to remove from pan. Place on rack and let cool completely.
- Whip egg whites in a mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar one tablespoon at a time, continuing to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Spoon lemon curd into cups. (If necessary, press the center of the cups down with your thumb before spooning in curd to create more space.)
- Drop one tablespoon of meringue on top of the curd in each cup.
- Place cups on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place under the broiler just until tips of meringue start to show color. Remove immediately. (Watch these constantly. My broiler took 15 seconds to brown the meringue.)
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving or store in refrigerator until ready.
More fun recipes that would be perfect for a baby shower:
For all Easter ideas, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.