Cherry Coconut Magic Bars have all your favorites in one easy to make dessert bar! If you love cherries, chocolate, and coconut together like I do – prepare for true bliss!
PIN IT NOW!!
Cherries, chocolate and coconut. I don’t know that there are three other ingredients that go together quite so well and in magic bars – forgetaboutit!
I have been wanting to make these bars for proabably a good three years. Every since I made the Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars I just knew that a cherry version would be off-the-charts delicious.
I was right.
These cherry coconut bars are made with sweetened condensed milk which gives them that chewiness we all love so much.
Those sweet maraschino cherries do the most amazing things for these bars as well as add a pretty pop of color (perfect for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!). I used walnuts but I think pecans would be a great substitution should you so desire.
The coconut on top gets beautifully toasted and is the perfect complement to the rich chocolate and sweet cherries. The bars taste like a combination of chocolate covered cherry bars and a macaroon. I don’t know that I’ve had a more delicious bar, ever. And trust me, I’ve had my fair share.
These bars would be perfect for the coconut lover in your life! It’s like a cherry bon bon with coconut and they are just unbelievably good! Let me know if you give these a try. Chris took in a tray to work and they disappeared before 9 a.m. – that’s a pretty good sign 😉
Tips for Making Perfect Cherry Coconut Magic Bars
- There aren’t a whole lot of ingredients in these magic bars. Be sure to use the highest quality ingredients you can find for the best results.
- Don’t over bake. You really want these magic bars with just a “hint” of golden brown on top. Check at 20 minutes and if not done, give it one or two more minutes before checking again.
- I used walnuts for this recipe but any nuts will do including pecans and almonds. Both would be excellent choices!
- Make sure to really pat the maraschino cherries completely dry. They will add too much moisture otherwise.
More Dessert Bars You’ll Love
- Key Lime Pie Bars
- Lemon Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Coconut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Brownies
- 5 Minute Fantasy Bars
How To Make Cherry Coconut Magic Bars
Cherry Coconut Magic Bars
- ½ cup Challenge butter
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries 1 jar – drained, quartered or halved and patted dry
- 1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts I used walnuts but pecans would be amazing
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F for glass dish).
- Place butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place in oven. Let butter melt in oven while it’s preheating.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top, alternating (nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, cherries – repeat), making sure to distribute evenly.
- Press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight ontainer
Disclaimer: As an Ambassador for Challenge, I was provided product and compensation for this post by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are, as always 100% my own. I LOVE Challenge Butter!
Would candied/glazed cherries work???
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I’ve never tried them in this recipe but I think they would.
Beautiful pictures. This looks to tasty!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Thank you so much Amy!
Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking says
Don’t hate me but… I’ve still never baked — or even eaten — magic bars. Crazy I know! But anything with lots of chocolate chips & toasted coconut sounds amazing to me! Pinned!
I don’t use cherries in baking NEARLY enough. Guess it’s time to start! These look divine, and the time for magic bars is long overdue around here…
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
Love these magic bars, Trish! The cherry, chocolate and coconut combination are totally singing to my heart! They pretty red makes them perfect for Valentine’s day!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Magic bars are the best! Love the cherry coconut combination!
Renee @ Two in the Kitchen says
THese are just gorgeous!! Perfect for Valentine’s Day with that pop of red color!!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
I love a great variation on a magic bar!
Kathleen @ Yummy Crumble says
magic cookie bars are one of my favorite desserts ever! This is something I need to try!
Julie | This Gal Cooks says
I love ALL of the items mentioned above! Great bars, Trish!
This is a brilliant flavor! I would love to throw almonds on, too. I have a thing for cherry and almond. Honestly, these are so gorgeous!
I love magic bars and haven’t made them in ages! Those cherries with the coconut sound delicious!
Ilona @ Ilona's Passion says
Yummy bars! I love coconut and cherry. Pinned it:)
Melanie @ Carmel Moments says
All the delicious flavors rolled into one bar. Yes, please! Pinned to our Coconut Obsession board.
Have a great Wednesday!
Laura @ Raise Your Garden says
I’m always looking for nice desserts to send with my husband to work for all the fundraisers they do (he’s a teacher and coach). These are lovely and I the coconut on top sends just the right amount of crunch. Think I will use pecans. Nice!