Today I’m sharing an amazing recipe for Cherry Coconut Magic Bars! If you love cherries, chocolate, and coconut together like I do – prepare for true bliss!
Cherries, chocolate and coconut. I don’t know that there are three other ingredients that go together quite so well and in magic bars – forgetaboutit!
I have been wanting to make these bars for proabably a good three years. Every since I made the Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars I just knew that a cherry version would be off-the-charts delicious.
I was right.
Those sweet maraschino cherries do the most amazing things for these bars as well as add a pretty pop of color (perfect for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!). I used walnuts but I think pecans would be a great substitution should you so desire.
The coconut on top gets beautifully toasted and is the perfect complement to the rich chocolate and sweet cherries. I don’t know that I’ve had a more delicious bar, ever. And trust me, I’ve had my fair share.
These bars would be perfect for the coconut lover in your life! It’s like a cherry bon bon with coconut and they are just unbelievably good! Let me know if you give these a try. Chris took in a tray to work and they disappeared before 9 a.m. – that’s a pretty good sign 😉
- ½ cup Challenge butter
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained, quartered or halved and patted dry
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts but pecans would be amazing)
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F for glass dish).
- Place butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place in oven. Let butter melt in oven while it's preheating.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top, alternating (nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, cherries - repeat), making sure to distribute evenly.
- Press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight ontainer
More bars you don’t want to miss:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Disclaimer: As an Ambassador for Challenge, I was provided product and compensation for this post by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are, as always 100% my own. I LOVE Challenge Butter!