My favorite cocktail in fudge form – somebody hold me! This Strawberry Daiquiri Fudge is perfect for your next party – so delicious and seriously impressive!
So, I am a firm believer in enjoying fudge year-round. Who says it has to be just a holiday food? Not me! Some of my favorite fudge recipes are really just perfect for summer and this Strawberry Daiquiri Fudge just joined the lineup.
I put all of the essential strawberry daiquiri flavors into this fudge and you can taste each and every one – it’s just SO good! Fresh lime zest and strawberry jam are the key ingredients to this fudge.
I decided to go the traditional route with this fudge because I wanted a super soft and creamy texture. You will need a candy thermometer, so if you don’t have one already, go NOW!
This fudge is totally worth it.
This remarkable strawberry fudge is speckled with fresh lime zest for a truly party-worthy treat. Good the first day, great the second, this fudge reaches it’s height of flavor on it’s third day. A great candy to make in advance!
I topped the fudge this these pretty pink and green sugar pearls – totally optional but they do look pretty 🙂 Fresh lime zest would also look amazing!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ tsp salt
- zest of 3 limes, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp rum extract
- ½ tsp lime extract
- 2-3 drops of pink gel food color (optional)
- pink and green sugar pearls (optional)
- Line an 8”x8” baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, sour cream, strawberry jam, butter, salt and the zest of one lime in a heavy 2 qt saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to soft ball stage (238 degrees).
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until fully melted. The finer the chips have been chopped, the quicker they will melt.
- Stir in the marshmallow creme, extracts, and food color until smooth and blended.
- Stir in the remaining zest until evenly distributed.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- If desired, sprinkle with pink and green sugar pearls.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours before cutting into squares,
- Store in an airtight container.
More fudge favorites:
Need more fudge? Check out this roundup!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.