The refreshing flavor of this Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Chutney is the perfect addition to your holiday table! This easy recipe is an flavor explosion and takes 5 minutes of work thanks to the slow cooker. Preparing for Thanksgiving? Don’t forget The BEST Dinner Rolls, The Best Turkey Gravy Recipe, Best Ever Cranberry Sauce and Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Citrus and Herbs!
I’ve been sharing lots of great holiday recipes the past few weeks hoping to make your holidays a little bit easier. Today I’ve got another slow cooker recipe that is the perfect addition to your holiday meal.
Cranberries are a quintessential part of any holiday feast. That bright red color and refreshing tart flavor is a welcome addition to any table. Many of you are familiar with my Best Ever Cranberry Sauce but another one of my holiday cranberry favorites is this easy cranberry chutney.
I love how the cranberries are able to cut through the heaviness of the rest of the meal. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy – we all need a little something tart and refreshing and this cranberry chutney certainly does the trick.
What Goes In A Cranberry Chutney?
This chutney is bursting with fresh flavors and spices. Cranberries, apples, and pears make up the bulk of this recipe and it is beautifully spiced with cinnamon and cloves.
The aroma that fills your house as this chutney simmers away in your slow cooker is nothing short of phenomenal. My brother came over the day I was making this and was like, “Wow! What smells so good?” Chutney. In the slow cooker. This needs to happen in your home this holiday season!
What Do I Need To Make Cranberry Chutney
- fresh cranberries
- fresh orange juice
- Granny Smith apples
- red pear
- golden raisins
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
How To Make Cranberry Chutney
Slow Cooker Cranberry Chutney
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and diced (about the size of cranberries)
- 1 red pear peeled, cored, and diced (about the size of cranberries)
- 1 shallot or 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a 4 qt slow cooker.
- Turn on high and cook for 3 - 4 hours until the cranberries have burst and the apples are tender.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and continue simmering until the chutney has reached desired consistency.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make this holiday a meal to remember with these great recipes:
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.