These Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies are a dream come true for the holidays! Sweet chocolate morsels are the perfect addition to traditional pecan pie and everybody loves this mini version!
Nothing shouts the holidays quite like pie, am I right? My favorite holiday pie is pecan pie. I have always been a HUGE nut lover and pecans are one of my favorites. Crunchy, sweet, and perfectly nutty, pecan pies are definitely the way to go this holiday season.
As much as I enjoy a traditional pecan pie, I’m a total sucker for anything mini. I think mini pecan pies are absolutely perfect for large groups and parties and really are the perfect size. I will be honest when I say that the crust of the pie is my least favorite part. I’m all about the filling…usually.
The crust on these mini pies is made out of butter, cream cheese and flour resulting in an out-of-this-world crust experience that leaves me craving just one more bite. After mixing up the crust, I form it into a log and it goes in the fridge while I’m whipping up the filling. Once the log has firmed up a bit, it’s easy to slice off pieces and fill the muffin tin.
The filling is scooped in and topped with a pecan half. I think it makes these mini pies even more adorable. I added chocolate chips to my favorite pecan pie filling for a little extra sweetness and surprise. Pecans go so well with chocolate!
Out of the oven and into my mouth, er, onto the serving platter. These mini pies allow your guests to enjoy more than just one type of dessert without feeling guilty.
Now I’ve got a request for YOU!
As an Ambassador for Challenge butter I am excited to be partnering with Challenge and UNICEF this holiday season. Challenge Butter and UNICEF have joined forces to address and build awareness of the childhood malnutrition crisis – which results in the unnecessary loss of nearly three million young lives a year – through a Pinterest campaign. From today until December 31, 2014, Challenge will donate a meal to UNICEF for every recipe pinned from this “Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” Pinterest board. They have committed to 75, 000 meals so please, head on over and get pinning!
If you would like to donate directly, go HERE and thank you!
I don’t think giving back this season will get any easier than pinning a few amazing recipes so I implore you to pin to your heart’s content and invite your friends and family to do the same. Battling hunger has never been so easy…or delicious!
Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies
- 1/2 cup Challenge butter
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 24 pecans halved
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough forms.
- Place dough on plastic wrap and form a log shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Mix in salt and vanilla.
- Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Remove crust from refrigerator. Cut the log in half, and then each half into halves again so you have four sections. Slice each section into three equal parts so you have a total of 12 individual crusts.
- Press crusts into muffin tin working crust up the side of each well.
- Divide filling mixture evenly among the twelve pies. Top with a pecan half.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes before removing from pan. Slide a knife down the outside of a pie and lift gently to remove.
More delicious recipes to enjoy this holiday season:
For all pie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclaimer: As an Ambassador for Challenge, I was provided product and compensation for this post by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are, as always 100% my own. I LOVE Challenge Butter!