These Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs are made with just three ingredients and are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party! This easy recipe comes together SO fast and disappears just as quickly! Looking for more appetizers? Try this Spinach Artichoke Dip, Charcuterie Board, and Baked Bacon Cheese Dip at your next get together!
I’m sure it’s not news to you by now that I’m obsessed with my slow cooker. I love LOVE how much easier it makes my life and my family loves the meals I can cook in it. So many of our favorite meals are made in the slow cooker including these Italian Beef Sandwiches, Cowboy Beans, and Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.
Today I’m sharing one of my Grandma’s recipes for cocktail meatballs. I simply made it easier using my slow cooker and frozen meatballs.
Just THREE Ingredients
The meatballs are super simple to make – only three ingredients – and work perfectly for a crowd or family dinner. They are the ultimate comfort food that everyone loves. The ingredients sounds a little crazy:
- grape jelly
- chili sauce
But trust me when I say they taste fantastic! It’s the combination of sweet and sour in the cocktail meatballs sauce that takes these meatballs to the next level.
Can I Make My Own Meatballs?
Of course! You will want to cook the meatballs first and I would freeze them to keep the same cooking time below. If you want to make the cocktail meatballs right away, just be gentle with the meatballs so they don’t fall apart.
I have used my turkey meatballs in this recipe and they are just as delicious!
Meatballs for Everyone
We love meatballs in our family and I’ve come up with a lot of different ways to serve them over the years:
- Teriyaki Meatballs – made from scratch with beef and pork
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs my grandma’s recipe
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Meatballs – very similar to this recipe as far as how easy it is and a great flavor combo for the fall and winter months
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Maple Meatballs – we like to make this one a lot for game day parties – so good!
- Turkey Meatballs – a weekly staple in our house
Appetizer or Dinner
These meatballs make great game-watching fare. Just pop some toothpicks in the meatballs or leave them in the slow cooker and let your guests grab their own when hunger strikes.
This cocktail meatballs recipe works just as well for dinner as it does for a party. We particularly love to serve these cocktail meatballs over rice or even noodles – the kids love it! The sauce is just so good!
More Easy Appetizers
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa Bites
- Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites
- Deviled Eggs
- Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- Bacon Ranch Beer Cheeseball
How To Make Cocktail Meatballs
Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
- 40 frozen meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups grape jelly
- 12 oz chil sauce 1 bottle
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cover with chili sauce and grape jelly.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2-3 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Served by themselves or with rice.
Originally published October 6 2014.
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.