Spinach Artichoke Dip is impossible to resist and ready to go in just about 30 minutes. Fresh from the oven, it’s creamy, cheesy goodness is best served with chips, toasted baguette slices or celery sticks. It’s an easy and delicious dip that is perfect for gatherings, BBQs or game day.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of those easy dip recipes that people seem to gravitate to at parties. As a hostess, it’s one of my favorite dishes to prepare because it requires just a handful of ingredients and is knock your socks off delicious. My mom used to make the most amazing artichoke dip (recipe coming soon!) and this recipe is a play off of that one.
When I’m feeling generous I love to add a little roasted garlic to this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe. And when I say a little, I’m really talking about two heads of garlic. If you’re not familiar with roasted garlic, it’s one of those ingredients that adds tremendous flavor and depth to the dish. Roasting the garlic really mellows out the garlic and makes it almost sweet. If you don’t want to go through the hassle, (really it’s just a matter of drizzling some olive oil over the top of the heads of garlic and popping them in the oven – find my recipe here) feel free to omit entirely, or sauté up a few cloves of garlic in olive oil and add them instead.
Softening the cream cheese in advance means I don’t even have to take out a mixer to prepare the spinach and artichoke dip. I mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise together first for a delicious creamy base and then add in the spinach, artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese. I usually have a big container of Parmigiano Reggiano from Costco on hand and that’s what I like to use the most.
Spinach and artichoke dip is sometimes referred to as Florentine Artichoke Dip because of the addition of spinach. It’s the same thing that I’m sharing with you here today. Artichoke spinach dip is cheesy, creamy, and totally delicious – no matter what name it goes by.
I love including this easy dip in entertaining menus and when I’m making it for a crowd, I like to make up a batch of my Best Chicken Marinade and grill up some chicken to go along with it. It’s a match made in heaven! Dessert can be as simple as this Pina Colada Fluff or Key Lime Pie. Both are great options!
Tips for the BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Give your spinach time to thaw out in the fridge. Once thawed, place it in a fine mesh sieve and really press down hard to extract all that extra liquid. Runny spinach artichoke dip is the worst!
- Just like the spinach, the artichoke hearts need to be properly drained.
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. It makes it so much easier to work with.
- I used a spatula to stir it all together but you could totally use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make it even easier.
- The spinach and artichoke dip can be made in advance. Just give it a few extra minutes in the oven and take out 15 minutes before baking.
- Don’t have time to roast garlic? No problem. Omit the garlic entirely, add two cloves chopped, or two cloves chopped and sautéed instead.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed, drained, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 21 oz marinated quartered artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 heads of garlic roasted
Preheat oven to 375F.
Spray a 3 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix together until well combined.
Add spinach, cheese, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, pepper and roasted garlic. Stir until combined.
Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Serve with chips, toasted baguette slices or celery sticks.
More great appetizers!
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.