Spinach Artichoke Dip is impossible to resist and ready to go in just about 30 minutes. Fresh from the oven, it’s creamy, cheesy goodness is best served with chips, toasted baguette slices or celery sticks. It’s an easy and delicious dip that is perfect for gatherings, BBQs or game day. Looking for more appetizers or dips? Try these Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites or this Spicy Ranch Dip for an easy entertaining menu that everyone will love!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of those easy dip recipes that people seem to gravitate to at parties. As a hostess, it’s one of my favorite dishes to prepare because it requires just a handful of ingredients and is knock your socks off delicious. My mom used to make the most amazing artichoke dip (recipe coming soon!) and this recipe is a play off of that one.
When I’m feeling generous I love to add a little roasted garlic to this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe. And when I say a little, I’m really talking about two heads of garlic. If you’re not familiar with roasted garlic, it’s one of those ingredients that adds tremendous flavor and depth to the dish. Roasting the garlic really mellows out the garlic and makes it almost sweet. If you don’t want to go through the hassle, (really it’s just a matter of drizzling some olive oil over the top of the heads of garlic and popping them in the oven – find my recipe here) feel free to omit entirely, or sauté up a few cloves of garlic in olive oil and add them instead.
Let’s Talk Dippers
As you can see, I used sliced baguettes for this recipe but the great thing about this dip is that it’s delicious with all sorts of dippers.
- fresh veggies like carrot and celery sticks
- baguette slices
- chips and pretzels
You really can’t go wrong!
A Few Tips
- Softening the cream cheese in advance means I don’t even have to take out a mixer to prepare the spinach and artichoke dip.
- I mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise together first for a delicious creamy base and then add in the spinach, artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese. I usually have a big container of Parmigiano Reggiano from Costco on hand and that’s what I like to use the most.
- To save time (and dishes), go ahead and mix all the ingredients together in the baking dish.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
The base of this dip is a combination of cream cheese and mayonnaise. Many readers have substituted Greek yogurt for the mayo and love it. Here’s what you’ll find in this easy spinach artichoke dip:
- cream cheese
- frozen spinach
- Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- garlic – roasted
A Dip By Any Other Name…
Spinach artichoke dip is sometimes referred to as Florentine Artichoke Dip because of the addition of spinach. It’s the same thing that I’m sharing with you here today. Artichoke spinach dip is cheesy, creamy, and totally delicious – no matter what name it goes by.
I love including this easy dip in entertaining menus and when I’m making it for a crowd, I like to make up a batch of my Best Chicken Marinade and grill up some chicken to go along with it. It’s a match made in heaven! Dessert can be as simple as this Pina Colada Fluff or Key Lime Pie. Both are great options!
Tips for the BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Give your spinach time to thaw out in the fridge. Once thawed, place it in a fine mesh sieve and really press down hard to extract all that extra liquid. Runny spinach artichoke dip is the worst!
- Just like the spinach, the artichoke hearts need to be properly drained.
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. It makes it so much easier to work with.
- I used a spatula to stir it all together but you could totally use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make it even easier.
- The spinach and artichoke dip can be made in advance. Just give it a few extra minutes in the oven and take out 15 minutes before baking.
- Don’t have time to roast garlic? No problem. Omit the garlic entirely, add two cloves chopped, or two cloves chopped and sautéed instead.
This easy spinach artichoke dip recipe is on permanent repeat at our house. We find ourselves making it for every occasion imaginable: BBQs, parties, cookouts, holidays and more.
I sure hope you give it a try the next time you find yourself entertaining. Come back and let me know what you think!
More Favorite Dips
- Key Lime Pie Fruit Dip
- Baked Bacon Cheese Dip
- Baked Apple Pie Dip
- Seafood Lovers Baked Crab Dip
- Easy Caramel Apple Dip
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Roasted Garlic
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed, drained, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 21 oz marinated quartered artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 heads of garlic roasted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix together until well combined.
- Add spinach, cheese, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, pepper and roasted garlic. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with chips, toasted baguette slices or celery sticks.
Originally published February 3, 2018.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.