This Baked Bacon Cheese Dip is the ULTIMATE party food. This creamy cheese dip is made with five different types of cheese, is loaded with bacon and baked up in a bread bowl that makes serving a breeze. We’ve made it twice in the past week alone. No shame. Use your choice of dippers including fresh veggies, chips, pretzels, crostini, or fresh bread. You simply can’t go wrong. Appetizers are my jam. Make sure to try out these Easy Jalapeno Popper Bites and this Spinach Artichoke Dip with Roasted Garlic (<< also good in a bread bowl!) at your next party!
Sponsored by TABASCO® Brand.
Baked Bacon Cheese Dip
This outrageous Baked Bacon Cheese Dip is what every party needs. Loaded with bacon, five different types of cheese and tons of flavor – the only question is, how many should you make?
I am a huge fan of dip recipes. Cheese dip recipes in particular. I have noticed that, without exception, dips are the first things to go at parties. And the reasons are simple.
Why are dips a favorite party food?
- It’s fun to pick from an assortment of dippers. Whether it’s crackers, chips, bread sticks, veggies or fruit, people like variety.
- They are easy to eat. Dips are one of the easiest party foods to eat because you are just dipping a small amount at a time.
- They look fantastic! Whether dips are baked up in bread bowls like this cheese dip, or served on a pretty platter, they look appetizing.
- You can get as little or as much as you like. Unlike pre-portioned appetizers, dips are flexible allowing you to get as much or as little as you like.
- They are portable with their dippers meaning you can have a conversation while enjoying your dip.
Today’s cheese dip is a cream cheese dip recipe meaning that it’s cream cheese based. This keeps the dip nice and creamy even at room temperature which is awesome. I used cream cheese, sharp cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, and topped it all with Parmesan cheese. That’s 5 different types of cheese you guys. Five.
All that cheese combined with a little sour cream and mayonnaise as well as bacon and green onions makes this the most amazing cheese dip of your life. Promise. I upped the ante by adding in some TABASCO® Sauce which adds even more depth of flavor.
If you are at all concerned with it being too much, reduce the TABASCO® Sauce to one or two teaspoons instead of a tablespoon or, alternatively, use Monterey jack cheese instead of pepper jack.
Can cheese dip be made ahead of time?
The filling can absolutely be made ahead of time. Because it will be chilled going into the oven, you will need to allow for extra baking time to make sure the cheese dip is heated through all the way. I would wait to add the filling to the bread bowl until you are ready to bake so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
Tips for the Best Cheese Dip
- Bread bowls can be a nightmare if you don’t prepare them properly. You’ll notice that my instructions call for brushing the bread bowl with olive and baking before filling with the cheese dip. This creates a crusty moisture barrier and ensures that the bread doesn’t absorb too much moisture while it’s sitting out. It’s a quick and easy step that pays off big time.
- Use the best quality ingredients you can afford. This will get you the best flavor for sure.
- I like to say a small amount of the bacon pieces and sliced green onions to sprinkle over the top right before serving. It gives your guests a little heads up as to what the dip contains.
- Give options! You can go crazy with dippers here. Crackers, chips, pretzels, veggie sticks – all are great choices. I also love to serve with fresh bread cubes as well.
Don’t wait too long to make this dip you guys! It’s going to be perfect all fall and winter long and I know it will be making plenty appearances at our house on game days. I am a huge fan of how easy this is to pull together and the flavor is out of this world. So good!
Please let me know if you give it a try! Tag me @momontimeout and #momontimeout on social media so I can see what you’re making!
Make sure to try out these other popular dip recipes:
How To Make Baked Bacon Cheese Dip
Baked Bacon Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp TABASCO® Sauce
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese grated
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 12 oz bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 round Sourdough bread (usually around 16 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut top off the bread and scoop out the insides leaving a 1-inch layer of bread in the bread bowl. Brush the insides with olive oil, place on baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and Tabasco. Mix until combined.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepper jack cheese, green onions, and bacon.
- Carefully spoon filling into bread bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat to 375F and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until dip is heated through and cheese has melted completely.
- Serve immediately.
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.