One of my favorite pumpkin flavor combinations is pumpkin and chocolate. These Pumpkin Cheesecake Chocolate Cookie Cups feature a rich, chocolate cookie cup filled with creamy pumpkin cheesecake – totally divine!
For those of you who haven’t enjoyed the incredible combination of pumpkin and chocolate…let me request this recipe be your first. It’s incredibly easy to prepare and is fool-proof. I debated whether or not to fill the cookie cups with a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling or whether to have a true pumpkin cheesecake baked right into the cookie cup. You can see which route I took 🙂
These cookie cups disappeared so fast though that a no-bake filling version will be coming along soon. I can’t wait to give that a try.
I used my favorite chocolate cookie dough recipe as a base and whipped up just enough pumpkin cheesecake filling for the cookie cups. Because I’ve gotten quite addicted to the mini chocolate chips in chocolate recipes, especially cookies, they found their way in here as well. They add a richness and intensity to the cookie cups that is perfect with the pumpkin cheesecake filling.
While cooling, the cheesecake will pull away from the sides of the cookie cup. Perfectly normal, do not freak out. This is what happens when cheesecake cools.
The cool, creaminess of the pumpkin cheesecake center is a pleasant counterbalance to the rich chocolate cookie. The pumpkin flavor really shines through with the help of pumpkin pie spice.
Because of the cheesecake center, the cookies do need to be refrigerated. They can be brought out 20 minutes or so before eating allowing the cookie cup to soften slightly. Truly delicious!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbls corn starch
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1/ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and corn starch. Set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin puree.
- Add in sugar and egg yolk and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in flour, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease mini muffin pan.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and form a ball. Press cookie dough in bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup, forming cup shape.
- Fill each cup up about ¾ with pumpkin cheesecake filling. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before gently twisting to remove from pan. Place on rack and let cool completely.
- Store in refrigerator.
Jump on the pumpkin bandwagon!
Connect with me!