Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies made with Reese’s minis – milk required!
Chris has been asking for cookies lately. Like, as in, nightly. I’ll hear him in the kitchen, doors opening and closing and then…
“Don’t we have any cookies in the house Trish?”
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
So, I finally gave in and made some cookies. I started with our favorite candy – Reese’s – and then took them totally over the top in terms of chocolate. These cookies are mega-fast to make and while they are not “no-bake” they take only about seven minutes in the oven so it’s almost no-bake 😉
Bryce helped me pull these together and I am totally ashamed to admit it but they’re already gone. Reece came home and inhaled THREE cookies before I even found out what was happening. Then he was pulling this cute little trick where he’d grab a cookie and take it to someone saying, “Here! I got you a cookie. What? Oh, you don’t want it right now? Okay. I guess I’ll have to eat it then since I already picked it up…”
That trick worked a couple of times until I realized that I was being totally manipulated. It was kind of hard to blame the kid. These cookies are GOOD. Super soft and chewy on the inside with a delicate crunch on the exterior. Kinda perfect actually. I will make one little recommendation and that is – have some milk nearby. These cookies are fabulous on their own but man – with some milk – I feel like I’ve died and gone to chocolate heaven!
So, the good news is I made cookies for Chris. The bad news is that they’re gone. More good news – that just means I’ll have to make another batch!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter I used Skippy Natural
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups Reese's minis peanut butter cups divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugars, butter and peanut butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla and water and beat until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in one cup of Reese's minis.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Dough is very thick.
- Flatten each cookie slightly and add 1-2 Reese's minis to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until they are set. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
More cookies we love:
And for all the Reese’s lovers out there…50+ Reese’s Recipes!
Connect with me!