This Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread is perfect for dessert but also doubles as an amazing breakfast…or snack…or lunch. It’s pretty amazing no matter what time you eat it! Ultra moist and bursting with pumpkin flavor!
It’s September!!! I managed to hold off until September before posting a pumpkin recipe…hold on, I’m patting myself on the back. But, now that it’s September, it’s a no-hold barred kind of situation regarding pumpkin, cool?
So, confession time, I may not have posted until September but that surely doesn’t mean I waited until today to make this 🙂 In fact, I’ve made this bread TWICE in the last 10 days because it sas so good.
I have made a lot of banana bread in my life – like, A LOT. I love it. You love it. We all love it, right? It occurred to me in July, when I was coming up with recipes for September and October that the one thing I haven’t put in my banana bread yet was PUMPKIN.
At first I was like “Ewwww!” and then I was like “Hmmm…???” and then I was like “I’m totally going to try this!” and then finally, FINALLY, I made it and I was like “Ooooh YEAH!” This is what has been missing from my banana bread my whole life – pumpkin!
I took a cue from Averie and added a cream cheese layer in the middle that totally rocked my world AND makes this bread extra special. Who doesn’t like cheesecake with their banana bread?? Hmmm? Gimme their names and I’ll set ’em straight in seconds.
Let’s talk about this bread, mkay? It’s not your light and fluffy banana bread. If you’re looking for that, try my Pina Colada Banana Bread – it too, is amazing. No, this bread is dense. It’s insanely moist. It’s just freaking fabulous. I added pumpkin pie spice to make it just right for the season. Perfection.
Each slice is prettier than the last and if you can eat just one slice…well, heck, you’ve got way more willpower than I do!
More Pumpkin Recipes To Try
- Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- The BEST Pumpkin Bars
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread
Pumpkin Banana Cheesecake Bread
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside. I use the nonstick cooking spray with flour in it.
- Combine bananas and sugar (both brown sugar and the granulated sugar) in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin, egg, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Evenly spread the batter to the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour and continue beating until no lumps remain.
- Spread the cheesecake filling carefully over the contents in the loaf pan making sure it's as even as possible.
- Spread the remaining half of the pumpkin-banana mixture over the top of the cheesecake filling. Make sure to smooth the top and make it nice and even.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Let’s get crazy! Pumpkin season is upon us!
For all pumpkin recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!