Heavenly Hash Truffle Bars are loaded with coconut, pecans, marshmallows and chocolate and topped with a decadent ganache.
This incredibly easy treat comes together in minutes and is sure to impress the chocolate lover in your life!
This post is sponsored by Safeway.
Hard to believe, but Christmas is almost here! I know that December is just going to fly by, as it always does, so I’m doing my very best to create memories each and every day. Some big, some small, but all so important.
My boys and I have been making lots of memories in the kitchen this past month and these Heavenly Hash Truffle Bars quickly became a new favorite.
Last month, I had the opportunity visit the Safeway Culinary Kitchens and Technical Center . This was my second visit there and they pulled out all the stops again for an amazing group of bloggers. It was an incredible holiday event that left me speechless, and you guys, you know that’s nearly impossible. I left filled with the holiday spirit, wonderful ideas for making the most of the season, and lots of good food, of course.
I had several opportunities to get into the test kitchens at Safeway and cook up delicious holiday fare that left me inspired and excited to get home and start creating new and wonderful recipes of my own.
One of my favorites was the coconut macaroons. I have always used sweetened coconut in my macaroons but the chef there used O Organics® Shredded Coconut which is unsweetened and it made an incredible difference! The coconut flavor was so much more intense.
I knew I wanted to use the O Organics Shredded Coconut in a recipe of my own for Christmas and these Heavenly Hash Truffle Bars were born.
If you’ve never had Heavenly Hash before, welcome to paradise. Heavenly hash can take on many forms but it usually includes a mix of chocolate, nuts, and marshmallows. This version uses all of those PLUS coconut which makes the bars even better.
I topped them off with a decadent, bittersweet ganache that is enticingly rich and just perfect for the holidays.
I used O Organics® 51% Cocoa Semisweet Chocolate Chips for the hash and O Organics® 72% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Chunks for the ganache. These products are available in my area exclusively at Safeway stores. Both are excellent quality and a great value! I loaded up on extras for the holiday baking I know I have ahead of me this year 🙂
I buy all of my O Organics products at my local Safeway, and you can also find them at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Safeway.com to find a store near you and discover meal prep tips and awesome recipes.
Safeway believes that great-tasting organic food should be available to everyone at a great value. The O Organics® line, available in my area exclusively at Safeway stores, offers USDA certified organic chicken and beef, which is where my favorite easy weeknight meals and holiday show-stoppers all start.
As a food blogger, I go through a tremendous amount of groceries each week and using the Safeway Home Delivery service is a total life saver (not to mention sanity saver) – particularly during the busy holiday season. If you haven’t tried it yet, give yourself the gift of time and give it a go! It’s so easy and you’re going to LOVE it when your groceries show up on your doorstep at a time that is convenient for you.
Right now is a great time to try it out! Use the code SEASONSEATINGS to receive $25 off + Free Delivery on a $100 minimum order, valid now – 1/14/18.
How to Make Heavenly Hash Truffle Bars
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups roughly chopped pecans
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave on high heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in marshmallows, pecans, and coconut.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Top with another cup of miniature marshmallows and press down gently.
- Chill until set.
- Place bittersweet chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat whipping cream until scalding hot and pour over the top of the chocolate.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth. (If chocolate hasn't melted all the way, heat on high heat in 15 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted.)
- Pour mixture over the top of the chilled bars and use an offset spatula to spread over the top of the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top and chill again until set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More no bake treats!
For all Christmas recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Safeway has provided me with the products used within this project. I was compensated for this blog post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!