This easy Hot Cocoa Fudge is exceptionally creamy and decadent! The perfect holiday treat! We love to add this festive fudge to our holiday cookie trays but have no problem whipping up a batch on a random cold winter’s day. So delicious! Make sure to try these fudge favorites: Peanut Butter Rocky Road Fudge, Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge, and White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge.
Hot Cocoa Fudge
I am a big fan of making fudge all year round. There are so many great summer fudge recipes out there and of course tons of Christmas recipes as well. I love making this Hot Cocoa Fudge long after Christmas has come and gone because it’s just perfect for cold winter days.
My kids absolutely love this fudge, and, I have to admit, it’s pretty darn adorable and looks absolutely amazing on a tray. It’s just hard to resist those tiny marshmallows! (Find them HERE.)
This fudge recipes is a cooked fudge recipe but does not require a candy thermometer. So, you’re welcome. I know many of you are still reluctant to try cooked candy but I’m going to win you over one of these days!
It uses ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry already. This is one of my favorite fudge recipes because it tastes just like the fudge you buy at the candy shop – rich, creamy, and extra-chocolatey.
This fudge is made with marshmallow creme which helps with the hot cocoa flavor. As an extra treat, I like to top my fudge with marshmallow bits. Mini marshmallows would also work fine.
What You Need To Make Fudge
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (you could also use dark or milk chocolate)
- marshmallow creme
- vanilla extract
- marshmallow bits or miniature marshmallows – this is the topping
This decadent treat is perfect any day of the year but especially wonderful on cold days! Enjoy!
More fudge recipes to try!
- Peppermint Mocha Fudge
- Maple Nut Fudge
- Perfect Pineapple Fudge
- Triple Chocolate Turtle Fudge
- Outrageous Peanut Butter Fudge with M&Ms
How To Make Hot Cocoa Fudge
Hot Cocoa Fudge
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow bits or miniature marshmallows
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. (Use a whisk to get out all the lumps if necessary.)
- Stir in the marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle on marshmallow bits and let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.