This wonderfully festive Snow Day Snack Mix is the perfect easy treat all winter long!
Both sweet and salty, this holiday snack mix is great for Christmas, movie nights, parties, gifts and so much more!
Check out 30 Last Minute Christmas Treats for more great ideas!
With the holiday season in full swing, I continually find myself in situations where I need to get a treat together FAST. Maybe it’s family movie night, or a classroom party, or perhaps a teacher’s gift… This easy Snow Day Snack Mix is quickly becoming my go-to treat and if the recipient’s reactions are anything to go by, it’s a very good call.
This easy holiday snack mix is absolutely my new favorite thing and it’s made with all of your favorite snack foods! I love a good popcorn snack mix – so versatile and so easy to throw together. This particular version is a combination of popcorn, pretzels, M&M’S, marshmallows, and lots and lots of sprinkles.
I made it super easy by using some already popped store-bought popcorn. You can, of course, pop your own if you wish! There are so many awesome popcorn poppers available that make it easy.
If you do go with store-bought popcorn, try to find a plain, salted, or kettle corn flavor.
It all comes together with the help of some vanilla candy coating (I used Candiquik) which gives this Snow Day Snack Mix its signature “snowy” look 🙂
This recipe makes a generous amount which is perfect whether you’re planning on serving it in a large popcorn bowl, like the one pictured above, or scooping the mix into small cellophane bags like I did for the class. I tied them shut with some baker’s twine and added a candy cane – the kids absolutely LOVED this fun and yummy treat!
Now, there are a number of different ways that you could customize this mix. Adding in some nuts or your favorite candy is a great way to make this snack mix your own. If you’re planning on bringing it to the school, keep food allergies in mind.
So where do you plan on bringing this Snow Day Snack Mix this year? Holiday party? Family movie night? No matter when or where, you’re going to find this snack mix completely delicious and addicting! Enjoy!
More Festive Christmas Treats
- Christmas Crack – An Easy Saltine Toffee Recipe!
- 30 Last Minute Christmas Treats
- Candied Pecans
- Better Than Anything Toffee Recipe
- M&Ms Marshmallow Dream Bars
- The BEST Divinity
How To Make Snow Day Snack Mix
Snow Day Snack Mix
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 16 oz white candy coating such as Candiquik
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 10 oz M&M'S
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place popped popcorn on top of the parchment paper.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions and pour over the top of the popcorn. Use tongs to toss to evenly coat popcorn
- Add the pretzels and M&M'S and toss with tongs to coat again.
- Add sprinkles and marshmallows and toss again.
- Let the snack mix set for 30 minutes before breaking apart and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
More fun holiday treats!
For all Christmas recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.