Caramel Apple Oat Bars are the perfect way to celebrate the season! Packed full of fresh apples, nuts and oozing with caramel, these bars are hard to resist!
I have been on a caramel apple kick for weeks. But I’ve totally been cheating. You know those Pumpkin Spice Caramels from a few weeks ago? Well, I grab a few of those and an apple and sit down to the best snack a girl could ask for – deconstructed caramel apples! Seriously addicting. And the pumpkin spice? Holy moly! It adds a whole lot of awesomeness to a caramel apple!
Seeing as how I’ve made caramel apple EVERYTHING but was still craving caramel apples…these bars were next up on my list. I’ve done caramel apple empanadas, caramel apple monkey bread, caramel apple cinnamon rolls and even a caramel apple shake (to.die.for.). Earlier this season I made Caramel Apple Crumble Bars and while those were crazy good, they were total short cut bars – made with cake mix and apple pie filling.
I had a bunch of apples to use up from a recent trip to Apple Hill and thought some from-scratch bars would be just the thing. They were!
These bars are packed with a ton of oats and the fresh apples are really the star of the show. Combined with the sweet, buttery silkiness of the caramel – it’s a match made in heaven.
These caramel apple oat bars just get better with time. Excellent the first day they are pure heaven on day three. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect treat!
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 30 KRAFT caramel squares
- 1 Tbls milk
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tart baking apples
- ½ cup chopped nuts - pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oat, flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Stir in butter until nice and crumbly.
- Press a little more than half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels and milk together in a microwave-safe container on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Set aside.
- Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle with apple and nuts. Drizzle caramel mixture over the top.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over the top of the caramel and return pan to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 20-22 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
More caramel apple treats:
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
For all lemon recipes, go HERE.