Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is made with refrigerated biscuits, fresh apples, and a dreamy caramel sauce!
And the caramel apple madness continues….this time in Monkey Bread form! Who doesn’t love Monkey Bread? It’s kind of fabulously easy to make and it looks so pretty and kids go WILD for it – kind of like little monkeys actually…coincidence? I think not.
So Sunday Chris left for a conference down in Anaheim – a.k.a. right next to Disneyland. I was totally feeling a little bit jealous and vowed to make this week WAY fun for the boys to distract them from Daddy being gone. But then I got to thinking…why don’t we ALL go down? We had already planned on being in Southern California this Saturday for my cousin’s 40th birthday party so why not head down a few days early and go to Disneyland??
You might have guessed – everyone was on board for this new plan! So, now I’m busy scrambling to pack for 5 days away instead of the two we had originally planned for. I’ve got the hotel booked, I’m going to buy the tickets tonight, and I’m driving down to Disneyland tomorrow!
Chris doesn’t go away often but when he does things get a little cray-cray around here. I kind of go into “fun Mommy” mode and we eat all sorts of totally yummy things that are especially perfect for the boys.
Seems like Caramel Apple Monkey Bread was the perfect way to start our week! I was debating whether to use apple pie filling or fresh apples for this recipe and finally opted for the fresh apples since I have an amazing selection right now from last weekend’s trip to Apple Hill. Good call there! I love that each little bite has apple inside and it makes this treat “breakfast-worthy“. Aw heck. I think chocolate is also okay for breakfast so who am I kidding?
An easy caramel sauce is what really puts this Caramel Apple Monkey Bread over the top in my opinion. I’m a total sucker for caramel anything and this delicious treat is no exception.
More Caramel Treats
- Easy Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Caramel Apple Dip – Just 3 Ingredients!
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- The BEST Caramel Sauce (with video!)
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
How To Make Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits total of 32 oz
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples chopped into 1/2″ pieces, divided
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss apples to coat. Reserve half a cup of apples.
- Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Press flat and place one apple piece in the center of each.
- Fold the dough around the apple and pinch the edges to close. Repeat for all 64 quarters and set aside.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and cream to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour one third of the caramel sauce into the greased bundt
- Sprinkle the half cup of reserved apples on top of the caramel sauce.
- Roll each biscuit ball in melted butter and then the brown sugar and place in bundt pan. Use only a couple tablespoons of brown sugar at a time so it doesn’t get clumpy.
- Place about 20 balls in the pan and then pour another third of the caramel sauce over the top.
- Repeat. Top with remaining balls.
- Place bundt pan on a foil lined baking sheet to keep your oven clean in case it bubbles over.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through,checking at 30 minutes to see if it’s too brown. If it’s getting dark, tent foil over the top of the bread to keep it from browning further.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes, then invert pan over a serving dish or cake plate before serving.