This easy to make Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter takes all manner of baked goods to the next level! Lightly sweetened and spiced with cinnamon, there is fantastic flavor and warmth to this crowd pleasing compound butter. We love to serve it with our favorite homemade dinner rolls and this perfect biscuit recipe!
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter
I love compound butters! It’s a great way to add flavor to butter and really takes any occasion from ho-hum to outstanding.
This simple recipe for brown sugar cinnamon butter is perfect for the holidays but we make it all year round. It is incredibly delicious with my homemade biscuit recipe and goes great on cornbread too.
I recently made up a batch of sweet potato biscuits and realized this butter was perfect for it!
We frequently have this butter on hand and use it on our baked sweet potatoes. It’s a great way to lightly sweeten the potatoes without going all in with marshmallows ?
How To Make Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter
- Let your butter come to room temperature. I usually make this with just one stick of butter but if you’re making as gifts, you can absolutely double, triple or even quadruple this recipe.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. You can use a stand mixer if you want but if your butter is nice and soft, it’s just as easy to stir it together with a fork.
- Now it’s time to pop it into the refrigerator. You have a couple options here:
- Wrap it in parchment paper – I like to make a log out of it. Some twine tied around the ends and this compound butter becomes extra festive!
- Place it in small glass canning jar or anything other airtight container. The canning jars also make this butter perfect for a cute gift idea, especially for the holidays.
How To Use This Compound Butter
The sky is the limit but here are some of our favorites ways to use this brown sugar butter:
- Slathered on biscuits or sweet potato biscuits
- As a syrup substitute for our favorite buttermilk pancakes
- Topping for a baked sweet potato
- Served with cornbread
- Goes great with these light and fluffy dinner rolls
- Makes the most amazing cinnamon toast with this homemade cinnamon bread
- Frequently served with my mom’s homemade crescent rolls
More Tasty Cinnamon Recipes
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Maple Cinnamon Glazed Peanut Butter Cookies
- S’mores Cinnamon Rolls with Marshmallow Frosting
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Pear Ginger Cinnamon Oat Smoothie
How To Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- salt just a pinch! (omit if you use salted butter)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Stir butter until light and fluffy. You can use a mixer or a fork.
- Add brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and mix until completely combined.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container. I like to form the butter into a log and wrap in parchment.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.