This Brown Sugar Pecan Pie is the perfect addition to your holiday table this year! The filling is absolutely divine and it bakes up beautifully! I love how easy this recipe is and that it can be made in advance. Pie is life! Make sure to try these Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars and Deep Dish Dutch Apple Pie too!
Pecan Pie Recipe
I don’t share a whole lot of pie recipes on my site because, well, I don’t really like pies all that much. For me to eat a slice of pie, it has to be really, REALLY good. That being said, you can go forth with high expectations of any pie recipe I share here at Mom On Timeout because I am so gosh darn picky 🙂
Today I’m sharing a brown sugar pecan pie with you. One of the VERY easiest pie recipes you’ll ever make – promise. I started with my favorite pecan pie recipe, then decided to brown the butter for a richer, nuttier flavor, and I didn’t stop there. I toasted up some pecans (toasting optional) and threw them in the bowl for good measure. Why? Because the other parts only took about four minutes.
The result? One of the best pecan pies I’ve ever laid my sticky little fingers on.
What Makes This Pecan Pie Special?
If you haven’t had a brown sugar pie before you’re in for a treat. It’s called a brown sugar pie because that’s the only sugar that is used. Brown sugar and eggs are what the filling is mainly comprised of and it all comes together in a bowl lickety-split – perfect for the holiday rush.
Many of you are looking for a pecan pie recipe without corn syrup and this delicious pie is the answer!
One bite of this gooey, decadent pie is pure joy. Joy that you’re going to want to share. Again and again and again. Good thing this recipe is so easy!
So here’s the plan:
- Make a pie.
- Give it to a friend, bringing them joy, and giving you joy in the simple act of giving.
- Repeat. Over and over again.
What You Need To Make Pecan Pie
Not a whole lot really! And the best part is these are all ingredients you most likely have on hand:
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- toasted pecans
- deep-dish pie crust
This easy pecan pie can be whipped together in under 10 minutes. Pop it in the oven while you enjoy a glass of Slow Cooker Peppermint White Hot Chocolate and watch a Christmas movie.
Every holiday season I am reminded of how blessed my life is. I have so much joy in my life from friends, family, my little boys and this blog! You guys might have figured out that I find joy in sharing recipes with you and it’s even more fun to share recipes in person. I love to surprise neighbors, friend, and family with a treat from my kitchen.
More of our favorite holiday treats:
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Maple Nut Fudge
How To Make Pecan Pie
Brown Sugar Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 9 inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place pie dish on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together brown sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and salt until nice and smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in melted butter, whisking the entire time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack to cool. The pie will settle as it cools. Let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
Originally published November 18, 2015.
More pie favorites!
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.