This Watermelon Lemonade is the perfect summer drink for BBQs, picnics, poolside parties and more! Easy to make and so incredibly refreshing! Have extra watermelon? Try this Watermelon Pizza and Watermelon Mojitos – perfect for summer!
Looking for the most refreshing summer drink EVER? This watermelon lemonade is everything a summer drink should be: light, sweet, refreshing and easy to make!
Lemonade is delicious on it’s own but the addition of sweet watermelon makes this flavored lemonade something special for sure. Using the natural sweetness of the watermelon to help sweeten this lemonade is a total win. Depending on the sweetness of the watermelon you might want to add additional sugar or sweetener.
I might have a new favorite lemonade with this Watermelon Lemonade… and you might too! This bright, refreshing lemonade is easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
I live in Sacramento and we hit the triple digits quite frequently in May so we’re making this easy lemonade early and often this summer.
My boys are obsessed with watermelon so I always have one or two on hand for quick snacks. Watermelon is so refreshing and when you turn it into an nice cold drink, it becomes the perfect way to cool off all summer long.
Watermelon Lemonade Ingredients
There is not a whole lot of ingredients when it comes to homemade lemonade. You’ll see there a just a few additions to make this the best tasting lemonade ever. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need and, as always, you can find the full printable recipe at the end of this post:
- seedless watermelon – cut into 1-2 inch cubes. If you can’t find seedless watermelon, that’s okay, just make sure you get rid of the seeds before you start.
- granulated sugar – to sweeten the lemonade.
- lemon juice – from about 4 large lemons.
- lime juice – balances the flavor and goes so well with watermelon. You’ll need just 1 large lime.
- agave nectar or honey – optional if you want it a little sweeter.
Optional garnishes: fresh mint leaves, watermelon slices, lemon and/or lime slices.
How To Make Watermelon Lemonade
This easy lemonade recipe takes about 5 minutes to make! You can find the complete recipe with instructions below. Let’s take a quick look at how to make it:
Instead of making a simple syrup for this lemonade, we’re going to blend the sugar with the watermelon to break it down.
- Add the cubed watermelon, water, and granulated sugar into a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the watermelon juice through a strainer into a large pitcher or bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lime juice, and agave (if using) into the pitcher.
- Pour into glass cups and serve with a slice of watermelon and fresh mint.
Watermelon Lemonade FAQs
You can store this lemonade in a covered pitcher in the refrigerator. When ready to drink, stir it up with a long spoon as it will have separated. .
You sure can. Just swap the amount of lemon juice and lime juice and make sure to test for sweetness. You can always add additional simple syrup, sugar, or agave.
Freezing this lemonade is a great idea but we prefer to make it into popsicles!
Sure! This lemonade recipe can turning into a boozy cocktail with the addition of vodka, triple sec, or light rum. Start with 1/2 cup and go from there.
Variations To Try
Make this recipe as written once and then go crazy! Here are some fun ideas to add a twist to this lemonade:
- Add in a lemon-lime soda or ginger ale for an extra sweet kick and some carbonation.
- To make this lemonade adult friendly, consider adding in ½- ¾ cup vodka, triple sec, or a light rum.
- Smash mint leaves on the bottom of the pitcher for a mint infused watermelon lemonade.
- Add additional fruits to your lemonade. Some great fruits to try are blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, or kiwi.
More Tasty Summer Drinks To Try
Cooling off with a delicious summer drink is one of my favorite things! We have so many favorites but here are a few I know you’ll love:
- Strawberry Italian Soda
- Vodka Cranberry Cocktail
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Pineapple Margarita
- Berry Lemonade
- Basil Lemon Drop
How To Make Watermelon Lemonade
- 5 to 6 cups seedless watermelon cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 2 cups ice cold water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice about 4 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar optional, honey or maple syrup can also be used
- fresh mint leaves, watermelon slices, lemon or lime slices optional garnishes
- Add the watermelon, water, and granulated sugar into a blender. Blend until very smooth. (I used the smoothie setting twice.)
- Pour the watermelon juice through a strainer into a large pitcher or bowl. Use a spoon to help push the juice through the strainer as needed.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lime juice, and agave (if using )into the pitcher and combine until the agave dissolves. Test for sweetness and add additional sugar, agave or honey as needed.
- Serve over ice with a slice of watermelon and fresh mint.
Shan Finch says
is there a healthier alternative to sugar
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
You can use a sugar alternative if you prefer.
I love these receipes but every time I go to read them all these things of advertisements show s and you get disappointed and don’t want to read and try them