This Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe is perfectly sweet and tart and is a delicious addition to any salad recipe! Quick and easy to make with just a handful of ingredients! A summer staple! Serve this vinaigrette with our Berry Salad or Strawberry Spinach Salad!
Nothing says summer to me quite like a fresh, light, and flavorful salad! Especially with in season fruit and a smooth vinaigrette drizzled over top.
This raspberry vinaigrette recipe is such a cinch to whip up and adds instant freshness and flavor to any salad. I really love is making my own vinaigrettes!
Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
There’s something about that homemade taste that beats the stuff at the store every time! Fresh raspberries blended together with savory garlic powder, sweet honey, and acidic vinegar make for a wonderfully sweet and tart salad dressing to drizzle over your favorite salad.
We love this dressing paired with this easy Berry Salad or Strawberry Spinach Salad!
More Salad Dressing Recipes
Looking for more delicious homemade salad dressings? Here are a few of our favorites:
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
This easy raspberry salad dressing uses fresh ingredients full of flavor. It’s not only tastier than the store-bought stuff, but it also doesn’t have all the preservatives and other artificial ingredients!
All you need is a food processor and about 10 minutes of prep time, and you’ll have an amazingly creamy raspberry vinaigrette. You can find the printable recipe at the end of this post but let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need:
- fresh raspberries – The base of any raspberry vinaigrette.
- honey – I like to use raw honey for the flavor.
- garlic powder – Fresh garlic could be used in place of the powder.
- white wine vinegar – You can try swapping in apple cider vinegar for a sweeter flavor, but I prefer the taste of the white wine vinegar.
- olive oil – This will help the consistency of the vinaigrette by emulsifying. I like to use a light olive oil but use what you prefer.
- salt – to taste.
- pepper – Freshly ground pepper is my go to for the most flavor.
How To Make Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette
Under 10 minutes and you’re on your way to a beautiful, fresh and fruity salad dressing! Let’s see how easy it is to make:
- In a food processor (or blender, whichever you have on hand), combine the fresh raspberries, garlic powder, honey, and vinegar.
- Process on medium high for about 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the olive oil to the mixture and process for another 30 seconds until emulsified and the mixture has thinned out to your preferred consistency.
- Do a quick taste test and add in additional spices if needed.
- Process for another 10 seconds. Continue this step until you’ve reached the flavor profile you’re looking for.
- Transfer your raspberry vinaigrette to a mason jar or airtight container and place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use.
Store the homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Salad dressings that use oil and vinegar as their base are typically much healthier options as opposed to heavier salads with a creamy base. This recipe also leaves out the refined sugars and instead uses honey to add sweetness, keeping the calories lower.
Here are a few helpful tips to take into consideration:
- If you are serving this at a special event, I don’t recommend tossing the dressing into the salad, but rather allowing your guests to serve themselves.
- When storing the vinaigrette, keep it in a truly airtight container. If the lid is too loose and extra air gets in, the vinaigrette could form a film at the top. Mason jars are tried and true!
- Remember, your salad dressing is only as good as the ingredients you use to make it. Use fresh, blemish free raspberries for the best results.
Variations To Try
This dressing is SO delicious but here are some easy variations to try if you want to mix things up:
- You can substitute balsamic vinegar in this recipe, however you will not get the beautiful bright pink color. It’s delicious though!
- Use strawberries or blueberries instead of raspberries.
- Try different seasonings like onion powder to enhance the flavors in the vinaigrette.
- Use agave nectar instead of honey.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Add some fresh lemon juice for a freshness and vibrancy.
More Raspberry Favorites
- No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake
- Raspberry Peach Crumble
- Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars
How To Make Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 7 tablespoons olive oil I used extra virgin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor (or blender) combine the raspberries, garlic powder, honey and vinegar. Process on medium high for 30 seconds until mixture is smooth.
- Add olive oil and process for another 30 seconds until emulsified.
- Add in spices and process for an additional 10 seconds.
- Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- Transfer vinaigrette to a mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Leave a Reply