These amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins make for a delicious and satisfying breakfast on-the-go or a great after-school snack!
Thanks to the National Peanut Board for sponsoring this post.
You guys may have figured out by now that I’m kind of a big fan of peanut butter (biggest understatement of the year..). We like peanut butter in everything – bars, bread, fudge, cookies, and especially for breakfast. One of my favorite ways to get my peanut butter on is when it’s paired up with jelly. Jam and preserves also do the trick quite nicely.
These peanut butter and jelly oat smoothies are a staple in our house and a favorite breakfast of the kids but sometimes, oftentimes, we crave muffins. And when that craving strikes, these are the muffins we turn to. I’m going to tell you that I have enjoyed a number of peanut butter and jelly muffins in my life but these….THESE muffins….outrageous. Simply outrageous. Just go grab a glass of milk and sit down and enjoy because I guarantee you are going to love them!
When I’m making peanut butter recipes I really like to taste the peanut butter. I mean, why else make something with peanut butter, right? A generous cup of peanut butter goes into this recipe and the muffins reward you with a nutty, peanut butter flavor throughout.
I don’t use a whole heck of a lot of sugar in the recipe. One, because it’s a breakfast treat, and two, there’s jelly inside the muffins that add sweetness to every bite.
One of my very favorite things about this recipe is how moist the muffins are. I can’t stand dry peanut butter muffins – yuck! These are perfectly moist and tender – just what you want in the morning. Peanut butter is definitely a smart choice for breakfast. Just one serving contains eight grams of protein, 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients, and is high in fiber. Perfect for breakfast or the afternoon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbls vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup jam or preserves - your choice of flavor
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer.
- Stir in peanut butter until crumbly.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Pour egg mixture in and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Fill each cup halfway with batter.
- Make a small well in the center with the back of a spoon and spoon in one tablespoon of jam into the center.
- Divide remaining batter among muffins cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Peanut butter for breakfast? I say YES!
For all peanut butter recipes, go HERE.
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: The National Peanut Board sponsored this post, however, the opinions shared are entirely my own.