These Spicy Italian Sausage Cheese Balls are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party! So easy to make and perfect for game day! We like to dip them in ranch, bbq sauce, or marinara – so good!
If party appetizers are what you’re looking for – you’ve come to the right place. I’m obsessed with appetizers. I take full advantage of sport seasons and big games to go a little crazy in the kitchen whipping up all manner of eats and treats for friends and family. There is simply nothing better than sitting down to watch your team play while snacking on some seriously fantastic food.
We love all kinds of appetizers: dips, pinwheels, meatballs, sweets and treats and everything else that is little and tasty. Today I’m sharing these classic Spicy Italian Sausage Cheese Balls that are always a hit at parties.
You’ll find these cheese balls similar to meatballs but different enough to make them interesting. I make mine with spicy Italian sausage so there’s a ton of flavor and heat to start with. I used a Mexican cheese blend for this particular batch but you can use any cheese you like. If you really like things spicy, try pepper jack cheese in this recipe – so good!
Speaking of spicy, don’t let the spicy in the title scare you off. While the spicy Italian sausage does add some heat, it’s not overpowering at all. If you’re still nervous, feel free to make the recipe with regular Italian sausage.
All you need is your favorite baking mix, like Bisquick, an egg, some milk, and some garlic powder. If you’re up for it, adding some green onions an a bit of Worcestershire sauce can change the flavor just enough to keep things interesting.
I serve these Spicy Italian Sausage Cheese Balls with spicy ranch dip, my favorite barbecue sauce, and marinara sauce. It’s a dip fest!
Pile ’em up on a big platter and use some cute cocktail picks for easy pick-up for your guests. So fun and extra delicious!
We’ll be making these for the big game this weekend along with lots more of my favorite appetizers! I’d love for you to give them a try too!
- 1 lb hot or spicy Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. You will need to use your hands to really thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Use a cookie scoop and then roll mixture in the palm of your hands to form into 1-inch balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet leaving a little room in between balls to allow for expansion.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with ranch, marinara, or bbq sauce.
More appetizers to try!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.