These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites are sure to be a huge hit on game day! Sweet and savory, packed full of flavor, and just 5 ingredients! Sure to be your new favorite appetizer! Score!
I don’t know about you but I couldn’t be more excited that football season is here! Don’t get me wrong, it’s not really the football games I’m excited about, it’s the food. Sure, watching football can be exciting, watching my husband watch football can be hilarious, but making and enjoying game day eats…that’s what football season is really all about to me. Shocked? No, I didn’t think so.
I’ve got a super easy recipe for you today that is going to have your family cheering all season long. Just 5 ingredients and loads of flavor, this recipe can easily be adapted to feed the crowd that you have over.
It starts with bacon and if that isn’t a required ingredient for game day recipes…it should be. A pound of chicken, cut into bite sized pieces and marinated in a delicious concoction of Dole pineapple juice and your favorite low-sodium teriyaki sauce. Yum!
Bite size pieces of chicken get wrapped in the bacon, rolled in brown sugar and along with a gorgeous juicy pineapple chunk, speared by a toothpick. Couldn’t be easier. Off to the oven for a quick bake and then a few minutes under the broiler and you’ve got a mouth-watering, finger-licking good appetizer on your hands.
I think it’s fun to top these chicken bites with green onions and additional sesame seeds to really kick up the teriyaki flair, but those are totally optional. One of my favorite parts of this easy recipe is the Dole Pineapple Chunks.
I love being able to use both the juice and pineapple from the can and knowing that Dole products are made with the highest quality, non-GMO fruits and vegetables and packaged with care makes me a happy mama and wife.
Dole has been a trusted brand that my family has used forEVER. I rely on Dole to feed my family healthy, wholesome fruits and veggies year-round, regardless of the season.
You’re going to LOVE the sweet addition the pineapple adds to this easy recipe! Check out this video and see how easy these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites are to make!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- 1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 lb bacon
- 20 oz Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup low-sodium Teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- toothpicks soaked in water for at least an hour
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple chunks. Cover and refrigerate the pineapple chunks until needed.
- Combine the pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce in a large resealable plastic bag or bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Seal and refrigerate for one hour, turning the bag once.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the strips of bacon into thirds.
- Working in batches, wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and roll in brown sugar.
- Push a toothpick through a pineapple chunk and then through the bacon-wrapped chicken.
- Place on prepared broiler pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning chicken bites once.
- Turn on broiler and broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side until bacon is nice and crispy. I left my pan on the middle rack so the toothpicks wouldn't burn. Always keep on eye on your food when using the broiler. Things happen fast!
- Serve immediately!
More amazing recipes for game day!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Dole has provided me with the products used within this project. I was compensated for this blog post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!