Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles are a fabulous fall twist on a classic cookie the whole family will love! Lots of delicious pumpkin pie flavor in an easy to make cookie! Love pumpkin? Me too! Make sure to try these pumpkin favorites: Pumpkin Bars, Pumpkin Muffins, and Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread – so good!
Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles
There’s nothing quite like a Snickerdoodle. I mean, really! What other cookie is both fun to say and fabulous to eat?? Snickerdoodles are a great cookie to have the kiddos help with and make the perfect after-school snack.
I knew about 6 months ago that I wanted to make a Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodle for the Fall. I used my Totally Addicting Snickerdoodles recipe as a jumping-off point and used a few tricks to keep the Snickerdoodles as chewy and delicious as they should be.
I’m a huge fan of snickerdoodles which is why I have so many recipes for them on my site:
- Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Totally Addicting Snickerdoodles
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Latte
You Forgot the Egg!
You’ll probably look at the recipe below and assume that I forgot one crucial ingredient – eggs! But I didn’t 🙂
The pumpkin replaces the eggs in this recipe entirely. I tried eliminating just one egg from my favorite Snickerdoodle recipe but the texture just wasn’t quite right. Eliminating both eggs and upping the pumpkin content gave me both the flavor and texture I was looking for.
For the Love of Snickerdoodles
It wasn’t until a few years ago that I really fell in love with Snickerdoodles but they quickly became a family favorite. The boys, particularly Reece, LOVE Snickerdoodles and these Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles exceeded their high expectations.
The mellow pumpkin flavor is nicely accented with pumpkin pie spice. Instead of rolling the cookies in just sugar and cinnamon, I added some pumpkin pie spice to both the sugar-cinnamon mixture as well as to the cookie itself. I love that punch of spice in these cookies!
Snickerdoodle cookies are always a crowd favorite and these pumpkin pie inspired cookies are just perfect for fall. This is what you’ll need to whip up a batch this weekend:
- butter-flavored shortening
- brown sugar
- pure pumpkin
- cream of tartar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
On another note – I just used my last can of pumpkin! I can’t believe how quickly I am going through it all! I hope you guys aren’t tired of pumpkin recipes yet because I’ve got some more coming your way soon 🙂
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread
- One Bowl Caramel Pumpkin Blondies
- The BEST Pumpkin Bars
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles:
Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles
Sugar Mixture to Roll In
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugar together.
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until well combined. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove dough and form into small, 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on sheet for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Originally published October 7, 2013.
More pumpkin recipes:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.