These Pumpkin Ginger Bars are packed with fabulous, vibrant flavors and topped with a sweet maple glaze!
Tomorrow is the first day of October! I am so excited because that means it’s totally acceptable to be eating and sharing all sorts of yummy pumpkin recipes! I was feeling a little bit guilty when I posted my first pumpkin recipe in August and then I just COULD.NOT wait to share my Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge recipe a few weeks after that but now…NOW…I can share all the pumpkin recipes I want! Freedom! It feels so great 🙂
So let’s talk about these bars. The flavor in them is UNBELIEVEABLE. Like amazing. Moist and not overpoweringly sweet, they make a fantastic treat anytime of day. I’ll be perfectly honest, my boys actually prefer these bars without the glaze. I know. It’s killing me. Buuuuttt, I think it’s because I snuck some maple syrup into the actual bars that really mellows out the ginger and adds a bit of sweetness.
I just love that when I take a bite into these bars I am instantly transported to that glorious season of Fall. Trust me, these bars are going to be making many appearances over the next several months at various gatherings and get-togethers. Why? Because I like the adoration that comes with them 😉
You are just going to love how easy these are to make and how very, very easy they are to eat. And they’re pumpkin. So they’re good for you!!
So tell me! What are you flavors are you most looking forward to this Fall season? Pumpkin, caramel, maple, apple … oooh! They all sound good to me 🙂
Pumpkin Ginger Bars with Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp imitation maple flavor
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional Maple Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in pumpkin, ginger, maple syrup and maple flavor.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into wet ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into 12 bars.
Optional Maple Glaze
- Combine glaze ingredients starting with two tablespoons of milk and adding until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over bars.
More fabulous pumpkin recipes:
Connect with me!