These decadent Mocha Truffle Brownies are just what your sweet tooth is craving. Rich mocha brownies are topped with a decadent chocolate ganache frosting and baked to perfection. All you need is a cold glass of milk!
I sure hope you’re in the mood for chocolate today. Me? I’m always in the mood for chocolate. Especially brownies. Especially mocha truffle brownies with a chocolate ganache frosting. Kind of like these.
It’s been awhile since I made brownies from scratch. I’ll be honest, I think the box mixes are pretty darn good 🙂 But when the recipe is as easy as this one, it’s hard to find an excuse not to make them.
I’m extremely partial to mocha recipes. It might stem from the fact that mochas are also my favorite hot beverage or it could be that the coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor, making it even more rich and fabulous. Probably both.
This recipe makes a lot of brownies, perfect for a party, pot luck, or when you really just need to binge and chocolate is the only thing you want.
The brownies themselves are intensely chocolate-y and have a fabulous mocha flavor that makes you go…mmmmm!
Topped with the most decadent of all chocolate delights – ganache – these brownies are just begging for you to bite into them! So insanely good and perfect for all us chocolate lovers!
Mocha Truffle Brownies
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 tbsp 2/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder to "flour" baking pan 1 to 2 tbsp
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave safe container on medium heat, 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has fully melted.
- Combine boiling water and instant coffee, stirring to dissolve coffee granules. Pour 1/3 cup coffee into melted chocolate and stir until fully combined.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease and flour 9x13 baking pan with cocoa powder making sure to tap out all excess powder.
- Beat 3 eggs in a mixing bowl until light and frothy.
- Beat in sugar for two minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low and and beat in room temperature chocolate-coffee mixture.
- Stir in flour just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until brownies are set. Don't worry if the top cracks. We're going to be covering all that up 🙂 Let brownies cool completely.
- Combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate has melted and cream is completely combined.
- Pour over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until frosting has set up completey. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.
More chocolate goodness:
For all brownie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.