Monterey Chicken Potato Skins – your new favorite appetizer! Loaded with barbecue chicken, cheese, and bacon, they’re the perfect appetizer for your next party!
Last year, just about this time, I shared my recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins – you guys loved them! So this year I’m sharing a new version with you that’s even easier and just as yummy: Monterey Chicken Potato Skins.
These potato skins are absolutely amazing and will disappear at your next gathering. Loaded with barbecue chicken, cheese, and bacon, they’re the very best kind of appetizer.
The best part about this recipe is that it is just SOOO easy. The potatoes bake up for about 25 minutes and that’s just about the hardest part…the waiting. I used rotisserie chicken but any cooked chicken will work.
Use your favorite barbecue sauce to ensure you love the flavor. You could go spicy, sweet, or somewhere in between – all will work beautifully.
I topped mine with bacon and green onions and totally forgot about the pretty tomato I had diced up as well. I ate one each way and I have to say the tomato adds a nice bit of freshness to the potato skin. So if you’ve got one, use it!
Monterey Chicken Potato Skins
- 6 small to medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese Monterey jack and cheddar
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tomato seeded and diced optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork 2-3 times.
- Place on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt. Rub potatoes making sure skins are covered in oil.
- Place in oven and bake until just fork tender (20-30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides, leaving a small amount of potato flesh along the edge.
- Combine chicken and barbecue sauce making sure to coat all the pieces of chicken.
- Divide chicken mixture equally between the twelve potato skins
- Top with cheese and place back in the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top potato skins with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately.
More of our favorite party foods:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.