These easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars are made with just five ingredients! This easy dessert recipe will satisfy all your cravings and is PERFECT for parties, bake sales, cookie trays and more! Love cheesecake? Make sure to check out our Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins and Dutch Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars – the best!
Let’s go ahead and combine two of my favorites today: chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake. With the help of refrigerated cookie dough, you have an incredibly easy and delicious dessert in no time at all.
Because I’m all about options, please feel free to use your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie dough in place of the refrigerated dough. This also allows you to add nuts or other add-ins should you desire.
So let’s talk about these cookie bars. I’m kind of in love with cookie bars in general. They are so much easier to make than actual cookies! No scooping and batch baking – everything happens at once. These bars do need to cool to allow the cheesecake layer to set up, but boy are they worth the wait!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Cheesecake Bars
Y’all know how much I love easy recipes. With just 5 ingredients, these easy cheesecake bars are definitely a winner in my book. The cheesecake layer is simple but oh-so creamy. For these cheesecake bars you will need the following:
- chocolate chip cookie dough – I used store bought but you can certainly use homemade chocolate chip cookie dough instead
- cream cheese – I used the full fat cream cheese for these easy cheesecake bars. You can however use reduced fat cream cheese if you prefer but not fat-free. It just won’t turn out right.
- granulated sugar – just enough to sweeten the cheesecake layer
- egg – to bind the cheesecake together
- vanilla extract – to add depth of flavor and give it a more homemade taste
How Do You Make a Cheesecake Bar?
There are lots of different ways to make cheesecake bars and I have some fabulous recipes on Mom On Timeout that you can check out if you’re looking for a different flavor:
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Dutch Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars
- Funfetti Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Like traditional cheesecake recipes, cheesecake bars often feature some sort of crust. In these Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars, I’m using chocolate chip cookie dough as the crust. It makes the cheesecake bars easier to hold and handle.
I’m not sure there are two things in my life that I love more than chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake… Straight up awesome.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- I made these cheesecake bars in a 9-inch square pan. You can use an 8-inch square pan if you want slightly thicker bars. Add 2 minutes to the baking time.
- Make sure to let these bars chill completely so they cut up cleanly. Clean your knife in between cuts as well.
- Use high quality refrigerated cookie dough for the best results.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 18 oz roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Spread a little more than half of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and press down firmly creating an even layer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the top of the cookie dough base.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cookies to try!
Almond Joy Cookies
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.