These Skinny Orange Muffins are made with Greek yogurt and plenty of orange zest for a terrific, bright orange flavor! So tender and moist, these muffins are a great way to start to your day!
We’re leaving in a couple of weeks for a Disney cruise and while I’m super excited to go I’m not looking forward to donning a swim suit immediately after the holiday season. Yikes! The good news is that I can still eat almost everything I love without out feeling guilty. I just need to make a few modifications 🙂
These orange muffins kinda freaked me out with how good they were. I took one of my favorite “traditional” muffins recipe and swapped in some Greek yogurt and coconut oil for less healthier ingredients. The result was stunning.
These muffins are more moist, more delicious, and WAY more fabulous than the original recipe. I love the brightness that the orange zest adds to these incredibly tender muffins. Bryce devoured, DEVOURED three of these while I was taking the pics.
I was like slooooww down, mommy isn’t done yet!
Hard to blame him though. That sweet glaze speckled with orange zest is just too pretty to resist.
These muffins are the perfect treat to enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee or tea and would be a gorgeous addition to any breakfast or brunch! Lightenend up just enough that you can enjoy one…or two…without the guilt!
Skinny Orange Muffins
- 1 2/3 cup flour can use AP or half AP and half wheat
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk, egg and one tablespoon of orange zest together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until just golden brown. Cool in pan for several minutes before removing.
- Combine orange juice, powdered sugar, and orange zest in small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins a few minutes after removing from pan.
More lightened up breakfast ideas:
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.