This Lemon Strawberry Trifle is perfect for easy entertaining during spring and summer! An easy, no bake trifle recipe that is loaded with fresh strawberries, angel food cake, and lemon pudding – sure to be the highlight of your party!
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
Trifles are my go-to dessert any time of year and essential for summer entertaining. I love everything about them. Layer after beautiful layer of flavor, no bake, incredibly versatile, and gorgeous to look at. Without exception, every trifle I have prepared has been the hit of the party. Lots of oohs and aahs from guests marveling over each and every layer.
Today’s trifle is something extra special. It’s a combination of lemon and strawberry which is one of my all-time favorite flavor match-ups. This easy dessert trifle is just perfect for spring and summer but can easily be made year-round.
Strawberry Trifle Layers
The layers are simple: angel food cake (I used store bought), lemon pudding, fresh strawberries, and a whipped topping – lemon curd mixture that will make your taste buds tingle. Promise.
The lemon pudding layer is incredibly simple and features instant lemon pudding. If you can’t find lemon, you can always use vanilla instant pudding and it is equally as delicious.
I like to prepare the pudding first so it has a chance to chill for a bit before I begin the trifle assembly. Once I’ve got that in the fridge, I get the strawberries sliced, and cut the angel food cake into bite sized pieces.
Finally, I fold in the lemon curd with the whipped topping. If you are not a fan of lemon curd, feel free to omit. Lemon curd provides a fantastic tartness that perfectly complements the sweetness of the strawberries and cake in this trifle recipe.
To finish, I simply top the trifle with some fresh, whole strawberries and a lemon slice so my guests know just what they’re about to dig into. So pretty!
What you’ll need to make this strawberry trifle recipe:
- A trifle dish. While a clear glass bowl works just as well, there is something inherently elegant about the beautiful, straight lines of a trifle dish. Use one if you can!
- The pudding needs to be whisked well and you can do that manually or with a hand mixer. This is the one I use.
- A generously sized serving spoon that will allow for big scoops of the trifle. It keeps the trifle intact in between servings .
More Strawberry Favorites
- Strawberry Shortcake Roulade
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Easy Strawberry Pineapple Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Topping
- Strawberry Twists with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
How To Make Lemon Strawberry Trifle
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
- 6.8 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 2½ cups milk or unsweetened almondmilk
- 16 ounces whipped topping thawed, divided
- 2 pounds strawberries sliced
- ⅔ cup lemon curd
- 14 ounces Angel food cake
- Whisk lemon pudding mixes and milk together for two minutes. Fold in 8 ounces of whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut angel food cake into small, bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping with lemon curd, folding together again thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Layer half of the angel food cake in the bottom or a large bowl or trifle dish.
- Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the sliced strawberries, and half of the lemon curd mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.