This Lemon Strawberry Trifle is what dreams are made of! An easy, no bake trifle recipe that is loaded with fresh strawberries, angel food cake, and lemon pudding – sure to be the highlight of your party! Perfect for easy entertaining during spring and summer!
This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
Trifles are my go-to dessert any time of year and essential for summer entertaining. I love everything about them. Layer after beautiful layer of flavor, no bake, incredibly versatile, and gorgeous to look at. Without exception, every trifle I have prepared has been the hit of the party. Lots of oohs and aahs from guests marveling over each and every layer.
Today’s trifle is something extra special. It’s a combination of lemon and strawberry which is one of my all-time favorite flavor match-ups. This easy dessert trifle is just perfect for spring and summer but can easily be made year-round.
The layers are simple: angel food cake (I used store bought), lemon pudding, fresh strawberries, and a whipped topping – lemon curd mixture that will make your taste buds tingle. Promise.
The lemon pudding layer is incredibly simple and features instant lemon pudding whisked together with Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk – the unsweetened kind. The vanilla almondmilk adds a lovely flavor that goes beautifully with the lemon pudding. If you can’t find lemon, you can always use vanilla instant pudding and it is equally as delicious.
I like to prepare the pudding first so it has a chance to chill for a bit before I begin the trifle assembly. Once I’ve got that in the fridge, I get the strawberries sliced, and cut the angel food cake into bite sized pieces.
Finally, I fold in the lemon curd with the whipped topping. If you are not a fan of lemon curd, feel free to omit. Lemon curd provides a fantastic tartness that perfectly complements the sweetness of the strawberries and cake in this trifle recipe.
To finish, I simply top the trifle with some fresh, whole strawberries and a lemon slice so my guests know just what they’re about to dig into. So pretty!
What you’ll need to make this strawberry trifle recipe:
- A trifle dish. While a clear glass bowl works just as well, there is something inherently elegant about the beautiful, straight lines of a trifle dish. Use one if you can!
- The pudding needs to be whisked well and you can do that manually or with a hand mixer. This is the one I use.
- A generously sized serving spoon that will allow for big scoops of the trifle. It keeps the trifle intact in between servings .
How To Make a Strawberry Trifle
Lemon Strawberry Trifle
- 2 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 2½ cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 16 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 2 lbs strawberries, sliced
- 2/3 cup lemon curd
- 14 oz Angel food cake
- Whisk lemon pudding mixes and almondmilk together for two minutes. Fold in 8 oz of whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut angel food cake into small, bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining 8 oz of whipped topping with lemon curd, folding together again thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Layer half of the angel food cake in the bottom or a large bowl or trifle dish.
- Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the sliced strawberries, and half of the lemon curd mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
More strawberry recipes to enjoy!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.