This delicious Mocha Breakfast Shake is made with Greek yogurt for a wake-me-up, protein-packed breakfast! For those mornings when only coffee AND chocolate will do!
Lately my morning routine has been a bit off. I’ve been having a harder time getting up in the morning resulting in me not having breakfast before the kids go to school. It’s pretty much mad chaos around our house in the morning. The thing is, no one else seems to realize this except me!
No matter how much I try to accomplish the night before, it seems like everyday starts off so smoothly and then as the clock starts ticking towards 7:43 (our MUST leave by time) things begin to go awry.
- Bryce has one shoe on but can’t find the other
- Yoda won’t fit in the backpack
- Reece is missing one sheet of his homework
- The boys decide breakfast time is play time and their oatmeal gets cold
- The library book is due today and has conveniently disappeared
- Reece’s shirt that looked okay before now suddenly looks so very wrinkled
- We’re in the car, ready to go, minus one lunchbox…
And that was just this morning….
When I think back on my childhood, I am amazed, stupefied really, as to how my parents DID.IT.ALL. And with FIVE kids no less! Seriously! How??? We lived about 35 minutes away from our school so we actually had to commute each morning. Breakfasts, lunches, school clothes, after-school activities – I mean the scheduling alone people!!
I am clearly NOT my mother 🙂 She was pretty much Wonder Woman.
Anyhoo. So the thing is, I’m not having time for myself in the morning. I get back home around 8:20, starving and exhausted. I need something fast and something that is going to give me a little kick in the pants so I can get my day going – finally!
This Mocha Breakfast Shake was devised with my morning issues in mind. A little bit of caffeine. A little bit of chocolate. And A LOT of protein. I’ve got Greek yogurt in here as well as a scoop of protein powder (which is totally optional). All I know is I need all that protein to get me through my busy morning schedule before I rush off to pick up the kids. Hit it and get it mama!
I absolutely LOVE this breakfast shake and I know you will too! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 4 -6 oz Greek Yogurt (I like to use plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp espresso powder, ground coffee, instant coffee - whatever you have on hand
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 small or ½ of a large banana, cut into small pieces and frozen
- ⅓-1/2 cup milk depending on desired consistency (almondmilk is great!)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass with a pretty straw and serve.
If I had more time and energy this is what I’d LIKE to make myself for breakfast:
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.