The BEST Turkey Burgers I’ve ever had! ! Loaded with flavor and filled with fresh mozzarella cheese, green onions, and Dijon mustard, every bite is AMAZING! We love to serve this with Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread, Broccoli Salad, and Ambrosia Salad for dessert. Delish!
We are just a week away from the 4th of July and I can hardly stand the excitement! I have been super busy sharing lots of fun red, white, and blue recipes but today, today, we’re getting down to the serious business…ya know, what’s happening on the grill 🙂
I’ve got an amazing recipe for you here today that I just know you’re going to love! These Inside Out Turkey Burgers are all kinds of fun and totally delicious.
What Goes In a Turkey Burger?
There aren’t a whole lot of ingredients in this recipe – just enough for to give these turkey burgers amazing flavor and keep the meat nice and moist:
- fresh mozzarella
- ground turkey
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
- black pepper
The cool thing about these burgers is they are packed with yumminess: fresh mozzarella, Dijon mustard, and green onions.
How Do You Keep Turkey Burgers From Getting Dry?
A juicy turkey burger recipe is like GOLD. They are few and far between and the alternative is less than pleasant.
I have a few tricks to keep my turkey burgers nice and juicy:
- The mozzarella cheese and an egg keeps these burgers extra moist and juicy and just bursting with flavor.
- Don’t overcook the burgers! I know it can be confusing with the color of the meat that’s why I like to use an instant read thermometer to make sure I’m hitting that 165 without going over – that’s when they start to dry out.
- The mozzarella cheese melts inside the burger and the green onion is a nice mellow onion flavor that goes perfectly with the turkey. So good!
There is nothing worse than a dry turkey burger and I absolutely cannot get over how scrumptious this easy turkey burger recipe is. It delivers sensational results every time!
I think the one thing that I would add to this turkey cheeseburger is a couple slices of avocado or maybe swap out the mayo for some guacamole – what can I say? I’m a California girl!
Sides You’ll Love
- Best Ever Broccoli Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- The BEST Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- Key Lime Pie Fruit Dip
- Best Ever Charcuterie Board
How To Make A Turkey Burger
The BEST Turkey Burgers
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions about 3 green onions
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 large slices tomatoes
- Dice mozzarella into ½-inch (or slightly smaller) cubes.
- Combine turkey, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, green onions and egg in a large bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients in the bowl and form into 4 patties.
- Heat grill to medium high heat and oil grates.
- Grill burgers until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Warm bun halves on the grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Top with 1 lettuce leave, 1 large slice tomato, turkey burger and top bun.
Need a side to go with that burger? Check out these great recipes!
For all 4th of July recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!