Celebrate with this outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flag Dip this 4th of July weekend! Edible chocolate chip cookie dough is loaded with toffee bits and peanut butter chips for the most delicious dip ever! Decorated in red, white, and blue, this easy dessert recipe is perfect for Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend as well!
Don’t miss any of my recipes! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!
PIN IT NOW!
PIN IT NOW!
Who loves to eat cookie dough? If you’re not raising your hand right now…you are dead to me. No wait, that means we can be the BEST of friends because you’ll let me eat all the cookie dough…right???
I’ve had this flag dip in my head for ages. Because I am such a fabulous blogger, I’m bringing you this amazing recipe just a couple of weeks before the 4th of July so you can party in style. You’re welcome.
I don’t know if you’re like me, but as soon as Target started carrying the red, white, and blue M&M’s I was like, ohmygosh, and immediately bought four bags. Cause, duh, I knew I’d use them.
So I finally brought this dip to life. I wasn’t sure if I was going to go the cheese ball route or cookie dough route but I’m pretty darn sure this was the right choice. I made the most marvelous chocolate chip cookie dough and then added peanut butter chips and toffee baking bits because I’m a total glutton for punishment.
Outrageous, you guys. Like, hide in your room, blitz through the entire season of Scandal while systematically eating this entire dip with a box of animal crackers by your side for company. That.Good.
Oooor, you could go the responsible route and actually make this for the 4th of July and watch as your friends and family throw caution to the wind and enjoy the heck out of this amazing dip. Your call.
I actually laid out my design first on the counter and then tried really, really hard to make it work on the dip. I did pretty good. Once the top was done (above), I was stumped. I decided to just continue the pattern down the sides so it looked more seamless. You could also go all blue, all read, all white, or just leave it as is.
I used about one whole bag of M&M’s for this dip but buy two to be on the safe side. You never know if you’re going to get all reds or something.
PIN IT NOW!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flag Dip
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 tbsp milk 1 to 3 tbsp
- M&M's red, white, and blue
- animal crackers Nilla wafers, graham crackers for serving
- Spread flour on a baking sheet or Silpat and bake for 5 minutes at 350° F. Let cool completely. Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl for 3 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla and salt until combined.
- Mix in flour just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits.
- Test the dough for consistency. You want the dough to be firm enough to hold it's shape and soft enough that you can press the M&M's into the dough and they'll stick,
- Stir in milk as needed. Start with one tablespoon and go from there. (I only needed one tablespoon.)
- Form the dough into a rectangle on a flat surface.
- Press the M&M's into the dough to create a flag. I started at the bottom row with red with M&M's and worked my way up. I did the sides last.
- The dip is ready to eat immediately.
- If refrigerating the dip for more than 2 hours before serving, do not add M&M's.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let soften on the counter for 20 minutes before adding the M&M's.
More patriotic treats!
Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies Treat Bark
Red, White, and Blue Sparkler Cookies
Red, White and Blueberry Breakfast
Cherry Vanilla All American Patties
For all dip recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke says
This is all kinds of AMAZING!!!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
How fun and festive!
Cathy Trochelman says
I could do some major damage to this perfect little dip! LOVE it!
Donna Howard says
Going to do this!!! I bow to you for having such nice straight lines with the M&Ms!!
That looks amazing! I bought several of those bags, and they magically disappeared, so I’ll have to buy more just to make this awesome cake!
Michelle | A Latte Food says
This is so cute and festive! I love how simple it is too!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a fun idea for a patriotic dessert!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
This dip looks like a gorgeous cake!! So fun and festive!
Holy whoa. This is crazy. I’m so glad you went the cookie dough route! And like you, I bought a ton of those M & Ms. I mean, so useful. Like, more useful than a wrench or a house key or whatever. 😉
Serene @ House of Yumm says
This is so fun!! I’m a sucker for seasonal M&Ms! I always have to get them when I come across them in the market. So now I’m off to find the Red, White & Blue ones! This cookie dough dip would definitely disappear FAST in my home!
Michelle @ The Complete Savorist says
You have more patience than that Biblical dude to put this together, but it’s fantastic. I’d hate to be the one to first break into it though, but once it was, I’d have no problem devouring it.
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons says
This is such a brilliant idea Trish! So cute and I’m certain it’s deeeeeeelish too!
Michelle @ Blackberry Babe says
I CANNOT even handle how good this looks. If I had this at a party, I would never be more than 2 inches away from it. I would just be shoveling it in my face! YUM!!!!!!!