This Creamy Cilantro Lime Southwestern Pasta Salad recipe is satisfying enough for an easy dinner or a tasty addition to any party, BBQ or get together! Grilled chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and a creamy cilantro lime dressing make this pasta salad exceptionally delicious!
I hope everyone had an amazing Spring break! We have finally recovered from our trip to Virginia and even squeezed in a quick trip to Disneyland this past weekend…I know, I’m addicted to Disney. (You can follow me on my new Disney Instagram account @disneymomontimeout for ALL things Disney!) The boys have started official swim team practices which means that I’m at the pool for TWO hours, five nights a week.
Send help quick.
As I do every year, I find myself revamping our weekly dinner menu to adapt to this new change in schedule. Lots of quick dinners, and slow cooker meals have found their way onto our table over the past few weeks and today I’m sharing a new favorite – this seriously amazing Creamy Cilantro Lime Southwestern Pasta Salad. Yep, it’s a mouthful…of goodness that is!
Here’s what I’m loving about this recipe…it’s crazy easy, like once the pasta is cooked, we’re talking 5 to 10 minutes of prep and done. My boys GOBBLED it up. This pasta salad is packed with all kinds of yummy stuff like black beans, corn, cilantro, grilled chicken, green onions, and tomatoes. It’s filling and delicious and exactly what my little swimmers need.
I pulled the whole salad together with Hidden Valley® Ranch Cilantro Lime dressing, one of four new amazing flavors from Hidden Valley® Ranch. I picked up everything I needed for this easy recipe at Walmart, the perfect place to shop when you’re creating easy and delicious meals like this one.
My family loves easy meals like this and I hope yours will too! Cross your fingers for leftovers…they’re even better!
More Easy Salad Recipes
How To Make Southwestern Pasta Salad
Creamy Cilantro Lime Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 16 oz pasta cooked, drained, cooled
- 2/3 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Cilantro Lime Dressing or make your own - see recipe below
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (grilled, rotisserie, etc.)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 oz Pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- .4 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix 1 packet
- 2 tomatillos diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh is best
- 1/2 teaspoon finely diced jalapeno
- Combine the cooked pasta and dressing in a large bowl, tossing until the pasta is coated.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with additional cilantro, sliced green onions, tomatoes if desired.
To Make Your Own Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the dressing thicken and the flavors develop. Then use as directed in the recipe.
If you like chicken recipes make sure to check out my new book 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken in Everyday Meals. I love using rotisserie chicken to create meals that my family will love. You’ll find casseroles, bakes, comfort food, soups, sandwiches and more!