This easy Citrus and Herb Roast Turkey Breast is juicy, delicious, and bursting with flavor! Made with a handful of ingredients, this easy turkey breast recipe is perfect for a smaller holiday gathering or weeknight dinner. Make it with these great sides: Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Slow Cooker Green Beans with Bacon, and The BEST Dinner Rolls!
Roast Turkey Breast
Turkey breast recipes are something special. Mostly you see recipes for the whole bird but sometimes you don’t need a whole turkey…. am I right? Turkey is seriously the most underrated protein. I will never understand why so many of you wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy this deliciousness.
There is a slow cooker citrus herb turkey breast recipe on my site that is a total life saver most holidays, but I wanted to share this easy oven roasted version with you as well because it is seriously mouthwatering and wonderfully easy.
I stock up on turkey breasts during these winter months so I can make this turkey all year long. It’s just that good!
What You Need To Make Roast Turkey Breast
This recipe is very simple and doesn’t require a whole ton of ingredients, which is awesome. The ingredients that are used however, gently infuse the turkey breast with delicious flavors. This is what you’ll need:
- rimmed baking sheet
- a half turkey breast or whole breast, halved
- herbs: thyme and rosemary
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
The Easiest Turkey Breast Recipe
There is no brining, no basting, nothing difficult. It’s simple, fresh flavors that give the turkey its amazing flavor and will really wow your taste buds. I’m going to be preparing this recipe for the holidays this year. I love the amazing flavor with minimal effort.
You can even roast additional turkey breasts if you need to. I’ve done up to four at one time. Just make sure they all have plenty of room on the baking sheet.
Totally gorgeous, right? I used a half-breast for this recipe but you can use a whole breast if you need the extra meat. A half-breast typically serves 4 to 5 people so go bigger if need be.
The turkey smells so good while cooking and when it comes out of the oven, your mouth will start watering. Promise.
This is one of my favorite recipes for turkey breast and it comes out gorgeous, flavorful, and juicy every time. A true winner! Serve this up to your friends and family this holiday season but don’t wait too long to make it again – turkey is just as yummy as chicken!
Other easy dinner recipes to try:
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
How To Make Roast Turkey Breast
Citrus Herb Turkey Breast
- 3 to 4 pound turkey half-breast, skin intact or 6 to 7 pound turkey breast, halved
- 1 orange quartered
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place quartered oranges and onion wedges on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Top with sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Drizzle olive oil over turkey breast and sprinkle with chopped thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub into the skin.
- Place turkey breast into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until turkey reaches 165 degrees with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove turkey from the oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.