Chocolate Toffee No Bake Cookies are the perfect treat on hot summer days! This incredibly easy recipe calls for just a few ingredients are the results are just too delicious! Love no bake desserts as much as we do? Try this Lemon Pie and this No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake – outrageously good!
No Bake Cookies Are Perfect for Summer
I thought summer had arrived early this year. I mean, we were in the 90s for days, and I was already complaining about the heat and then all of a sudden bam! We’ve had rain for the last few days and temps have been in the 70s.
Kind of feels amazing.
Anyhoo, I’ve been grilling several times a week and already had my mind set stuck in summer – you know – grilling, ice cream, root beer floats…
Well, 70s or not, I had my mind set on some no-bake treats and these little nuggets of total goodness are what I came up with. Now I ALWAYS have a bag of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits in my pantry. They are great for so many things and I love throwing them into cookies and on top of ice cream – yum! They made their way into my favorite no bake cookie recipe and MADE this cookie! SOO good!
Easy No Bake Cookies
I love how no bake cookies are so simple to make and take no time at all. The texture is so soft and chewy and the Heath bits create that perfect crunchy sweetness that is so satisfying!
If you aren’t a fan of toffee, you can absolutely just leave the Heath bits out of the recipe.
These cookies have reminded me that I should be making no bake cookies year-round 🙂 The boys were SO happy that I had finally made some cookies. I mean, poor things had been without for at least three days – how awful!
What Are No Bake Cookies?
No bake cookies are cookies that don’t have to go in the oven. These cookies don’t call for standard cookie ingredients such as:
- baking soda
- brown sugar
Instead, you’ll see ingredients like:
- corn syrup
- peanut butter
- quick oats
No bake cookies are made on the stove top:
- Simply bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil and then stir in all your mix ins.
- The chocolate and peanut butter get melted by the hot sugar mixture and when it cools back to room temperature, the cooled chocolate is what helps the cookies hold their shape.
- Once mixed, spoon the mixture onto parchment paper and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Old Fashioned Oats vs Quick Oats
My recipe calls for quick oats and I do recommend you use them. The oats don’t spend a whole lot of time getting “cooked” on the stove top and I think the quick oats result in better cookie texture.
If you only have old fashioned oats on hand though, don’t let it stop you from making these cookies though! They are still delightful!
If you’ve never made no bake cookies before you simply must give these a try. I’m pretty sure you’re going to fall in love with how easy and delicious they are!
More No Bake Treats To Try
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Peanut Butter S’mores No Bake Brownies
- No Bake Avalanche Popcorn Treats
- Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake
How To Make No Bake Cookies
Chocolate Toffee No Bake Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Heath toffee bits
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until mixture reaches a full boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter until melted and fully combined.
- Stir in oats and coconut.
- Fold in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Originally published May 8, 2013.
Some more of our favorite treats:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.