Get ready to delight friends and family with this stunning No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake! A fabulous cookie crust, rich cheesecake, fresh bananas, creamy pudding and fresh whipped cream create an explosion of flavors and textures in your mouth. Each bite is better than the last!
You guys! I am so excited today to be sharing the most DELICIOUS no bake cheesecake I’ve ever had the pleasure to sink my teeth into. My husband said, and I quote, “This cheesecake is off the chain!!” My boys were fighting over who got to split the last slice and I was almost in tears when it was completely devoured less that 24 hours after it was first served.
Yes, THAT good.
I am not kidding. You HAVE to make this cheesecake….and when you do, you’ll know why it’s imperative that you buy my dear friend Julianne’s new book: No-Bake Treats: Incredible Unbaked Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, Pies and More. It’s going to rock your world.
Don’t just buy one…buy ten! This gorgeous and inspired book is going to be your friend’s favorite Christmas gift this year. Get one for your sister, your mom, and your mother-in-law and then have a no-bake cook off for fun.
I personally plan on eating my way through the entire book because looking though it, there is not a single recipe that didn’t have my mouthwatering.
Recipes like Mocha Mud Pie Ice Cream Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars, and Hot Mess Nutella Snickers Pie (making that one tomorrow!) – each and every no-bake dessert is a winner. You seriously can’t go wrong here.
So let’s talk about this Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake. Each layer is made from scratch and this is one recipe where you don’t want to cut corners.
A vanilla wafer crust, decadent pudding that borders on custard it is so rich, a fabulously easy cheesecake layer, and all topped with freshly whipped cream. Each layer is perfection.
The only change I made to Julianne’s recipe was subbing in banana extract for the vanilla extract in the pudding but you could go either way.
I also thought it would be fun to top the cheesecake with banana chips and I love the added texture and color it brings to this glorious dessert.
Serve this cheesecake at your next party, potluck, or get together and get ready for the compliments to start to roll in!
No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake
- 11 oz vanilla wafers
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp banana or vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 whole bananas sliced
- 1/4 cup vanilla wafers crushed, for garnish
- banana chips for garnish optional
- Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Using a food processor, grind the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs.
- Combine the melted butter and crumbs in a medium-size bowl and stir with a fork until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan to create a thick crust. I went about half an inch up the side of the pan.
- Refrigerate crust for at least 30 minutes
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Whisk in half a cup of heavy whipping cream and continue whisking until no lumps remain. Whisk in remaining heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Transfer contents to a medium-size saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking continuously.
- After about 5 minutes, when the mixture is warm but not boiling, pour 1/4 cup of the cream mixture into the lightly beaten eggs and whisk vigorously to temper.
- Immediately pour the eggs into the saucepan and continue whisking over medium-low heat.
- After several minutes, the pudding will start to thicken and bubble. Remove from heat.
- Cover the top of the pudding with plastic wrap making sure that the entire surface of the pudding is in contact with the plastic wrap. Poke 5 holes into the plastic wrap using a toothpick.
- Let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature before transferring to refrigerator. Chill for 2 more hours.
- Beat softened cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue beating until combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Pour cheesecake filling into chilled pie crust, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Chill the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly and starts to thicken.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Slice the bananas 1/4-inch thick and place the slices on top of the chilled cheesecake.
- Carefully spread the chilled pudding over the top of the bananas using an offset spatula.
- Spread the whipped cream on top reserving about 1 1/2 cups to pipe along the border.
- Top with crushed vanilla wafers and banana chips if desired.
- Refrigerate an additional 2 to 4 hours to allow cheesecake to set properly.
More no-bake desserts!
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.