No Bake Avalanche Popcorn Treats are a must-make for the holiday season! Peanut butter, popcorn, marshmallows and chocolate chips combine for an easy, no bake treat that everyone will love!
What do you do when you’ve got guests coming over and no time to lose? No bake treats my friends – they’re a lifesaver!
I am a huge fan of no bake treats year-round. I mean, for obvious reasons, baking in the summer (especially here in Sacramento) can be a nightmare. But no bake treats are a lifesaver during the holidays too. I love having my oven freed up for other things like pies, cookies, and cakes.
Today I’ve got a no-bake treat that is guaranteed to knock your socks off – especially if you’re a peanut butter lover like I am. I don’t know if you’ve ever had an avalanche cookie but they are all sorts of awesome. Traditionally they are made with crispy rice cereal and are a favorite with the kids.
Well, I took the avalanche cookie and mashed it together with one of my all-time favorite holiday treats – popcorn balls. The result? Simply fabulous. These No Bake Avalanche Popcorn Treats will forever be on our holiday to-do list.
Instead of melting the marshmallows and then adding the popcorn, the vanilla candy coating (CandiQuik or Almond Bark) is melted and mixed together with peanut butter first. In goes the popcorn, marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips.
All you do is drop them willy nilly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and pop them in the fridge. I use an ice cream scoop to make quick work of it but the whole point of these treats is to look haphazard. Ha! I wish all recipes were “supposed” to look like that lol!
It’s an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
More Peanut Butter Favorites
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Fluff
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Fudge
How To Make No Bake Avalanche Popcorn Treats
No Bake Avalanche Popcorn Treats
- 16 ounces vanilla flavored candy coating CandiQuik or Almond Bark
- 15 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place marshmallows and chocolate chips in the freezer.
- Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add popcorn and stir until completely coated. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to set up.
- Store in an airtight container.