This perfectly moist Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze will make a beautiful addition to any meal!
We got our first zucchini out of the garden last week and you would have thought I won the lottery I was so excited. It kind of snuck up on me, hidden behind one of the tomato plants and man, when I found that baby, it was awesome!
I immediately starting thinking of all sorts of zucchini recipes I wanted to make but landed on this one – a gorgeous Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze.
There is something about zucchini recipes that make me happy. It’s amazing how a simple vegetable can be so versatile. Brownies, cakes, cookies, bread, quiche – I think zucchini goes with everything 🙂
The extra moisture that the zucchini provides to this cake is outstanding. This may be the most perfectly moist cake I’ve ever tried.
I love how delicate this cake is despite the incredible mositure. It feels like a true delicacy.
The fresh orange juice and orange zest really brighten up this beautiful bundt cake. I love seeing the specks of orange throughout the cake as well as the glaze – little bits of bright, fresh flavor.
This cake disappeared far too fast and we are now all eagerly awaiting our next zucchini – fresh from the garden!
- 1-2 zucchini (you will need three cups)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for bundt pan)
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 12 Tbls butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 Tbls orange zest
- 2 Tbls fresh orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 3 Tbls fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and then squeeze dry in a kitchen towel to remove excess water. Measure out three cups.
- Grease a 6-cup bundt pan and lightly flour. (Make sure to tap out excess flour.)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Stir together eggs and sugar. Gradually mix in melted butter, zucchini, orange zest and juice.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before inverting the cake pan and turning it out onto a wire rack. Let cool for an additional 30 minutes before glazing.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and drizzle over slightly cooled cake. If glaze is too thick, add more orange juice. If it is too thin, whisk in more sugar.
More zucchini favorites:
For all zucchini recipes, go HERE.
For all cake recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.