Peanut butter lovers will find it hard to resist these easy-to-make Double Trouble Peanut Butter Cookie Bars!
Dude. It is HOT here in Sacramento. The boys and I went to the park yesterday morning…before 8 a.m., and we were dripping by the time we got back home. It’s just cray cray.
The boys are super lucky because they have swim practice in the evenings so they at least get a chance to cool off. I, on the other hand, have been enjoying some very cool showers lately.
Bryce has been sick since last Thursday with a fun little trip to Urgent Care Thursday night. Great way to start off the summer 😉 He hasn’t been cleared for swimming yet but I’m hoping today is the day.
He’s ready to get back into the pool. I think he needs a reprieve from the heat.
Speaking of heat, let’s talk about these cookies. You know when it’s so hot you can’t bear the thought of turning on your oven but you are just DYING for some cookies? That’s when bars come to the rescue. Especially these little guys – Double Trouble Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
Made with creamy peanut butter and studded with Reese’s peanut butter chips – they are true peanut butter perfection.
No need to scoop out the cookie dough and bake in batches – just one quick trip to the oven does the trick.
The dough comes together so fast you’re not going to believe it. No mixer needed. Refrigerate it for an hour so it can chill while you do the same. Then, it’s just a matter of rolling it out onto a jelly roll pan and baking for about 7 minutes.
Quickly turn that oven off and let the cookies cool before cutting into bars. Or triangles. The boys like the triangles for some reason.
If you’re a fan of peanut butter, these cookie bars are going to become a new favorite – fast. Enjoy with a SUPER cold glass of milk. Under a ceiling fan. With the air conditioning running full blast.
Especially if you happen to live in Sacramento 🙂
Double Trouble Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips divided
- Mix butter, peanut butter and sugars together in a medium bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in egg until fully incorporated.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt just until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper and use your fingers to pat out the cookie dough to about 1/4 inch thick in a rectangular shape. Leave at least an inch of space around the edges of the sheet for the cookie to expand. (If using a smaller cookie sheet, you may need to use two sheets.)
- Sprinkle remaining half cup of peanut butter chips over the top. Press down lightly.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or just until edges are golden brown. Center will look under-baked but will continue cooking after the cookie sheet has been removed from the oven.
- Let cool before removing to cutting board.
- Cut into bars or triangles and serve.
- Store in airtight container for up to one week.
More peanut butter recipes we love:
Totally Nutty Peanut Butter Candy Bars – Taste just like a PayDay!
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Fudge – a peanut butter’s dream come true!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza – Inspired by Disneyland!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.