This Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread recipe is incredibly moist and flavorful! Vibrant colors from the carrot, zucchini, and apples makes this bread irresisitble! Sure to be a new favorite!
Well it’s definitely zucchini season again! Zucchini plants just LOVE the heat and with our fabulous triple-digit heat wave that we just went through my zucchini plants are in HEAVEN! Zucchini is such an amazing vegetable because it can used in both sweet and savory dishes. Zucchini can be grilled, roasted, and even fried! My mom used to make fried zucchini and OMG. That stuff is dangerous! We used to dip those babies in ranch…wowza! It was so good!
Now y’all know I love to bake with zucchini too right? Brownies, cake, cookies, quiche (my all-time FAVE!) – you name it – I’ll bake it! When I’m making something for my family that starts with all of this…
…I have to admit, it feels pretty darn good. Better than that, the boys will chow down on this bread like there’s no tomorrow. Sometimes I add the frosting, sometimes I don’t. The bread is sweet enough on it’s own – for sure! – but a little frosting sure goes a long way in selling this bread as “cake” to the boys 🙂
I just love seeing all the bright, beautiful colors in this bread and the yummy chunks of apple – SO GOOD!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy zucchini?
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 cup diced, peeled apple
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened (I use light)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-3 tbsp orange juice as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Blend butter, sugar, egg, orange juice, and vanilla together.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet along with carrots, zucchini, apples, and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 1 hour, or until loaves spring back when gently pressed with fingers.
- Let cool before icing.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in powdered sugar and continue mixing. Drizzle in orange juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- Frost bread and enjoy!
Zucchini recipes from friends:
More zucchini goodness!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.